Monday, July 07, 2008

Words...

These are my favorite words...some because of how they are said and some because of their meaning:

Agility-the power of moving quickly and easily
(This came about because of my friend Spencer...he used it all the time and I just grew to love it as well...you have to say it like him though)

Apathy-absence or suppression of passion, emotion, or excitement.
(When they use this word in songs I always say I like this word...I don't know why...)

Fickle-likely to change, esp. due to caprice, irresolution, or instability; casually changeable
(This was a vocab word from Mrs. Scheffle's 9th grade english class...it stuck with me...fickle pickle...because a pickle has been changed from a cucumber!)

Guffaw-a loud, unrestrained burst of laughter
(Also, a Mrs. Scheffle word...whenever I say it...it just made me well..guffaw!)

hiLarious-extremely funny
(yes the L is capitalized because I like to say it like that hiL-arious)

Vex-to irritate; annoy; provoke
(This is a vocab word from 7th grade...while I knew it's meaning many years before seeing Pride and Prejudice....I started liking it MORE after seeing it...)

There are more to come I'm sure....but these are the ones that make the list so far....

2 comments:

Ashleigh said...

Whenever I think of "Vex" I think of Kate and Leopold...."You want to vex my sister..."
hehehee

Arica said...

hahaha I like that one too! I haven't seen that one enough to recall that...but I remember it now....hahahahaha