Life after college has been an education. I have been searching for a job all last week. It's been a good experience to see how the whole process works and how I can use my degree. The tough part is seeing how I can use my degree out east. I have known how to use my degree out west but didn't know it'd be so different in North Carolina. So the job search continues. I have an interview tomorrow for a part time job for an after school position, but I honestly don't feel right about it. I just think I'm meant to work with students with special needs, and that's what I really want to get into. There's a school here in Charlotte that does exactly what I want to do called the Cyzner Institute...and they are going to open a new classroom starting in January so I'm hoping things work out with that place.
In the mean time I've been the cook around the house. I recently made this really great recipe called Butternut Squash Soup. Check it out! I plan on making some New Years Chicken this week, which is basically sesame chicken but I'm going with the name my friend uses, and she gave me the recipe. I also did an overnight babysitting job this week. A couple with two boys (10 and 8), needed to go to a work Christmas party in Georgia! Yeah...Georgia. So I stayed the night and got them to school the next day. It was a lot of fun. The older boy really liked baseball so we got along great. He was playing a baseball video game and he decided to be the Redsox. It was awesome because I would tell him who was a really good hitter and stuff like that. He was a Redsox fan by the end of the night if he wasn't one before. :) It's sad because I know the team I love is changing in dramatic ways, but I won't get into that just now.
One more thing that keeps me occupied is our puppy: Joey Anne! :) We just call her Joey, but we want people to know that she's a girl. She looked like a little kangaroo at times...hince the name Joey. She is too cute. I just have to put a picture up.
I thought I'd just get annoyed with her because we have to worry about where she is all the time...but I just love her.
I've been attending the singles ward the last couple of weeks and I think I'm going to really enjoy going there. It's SO different than it was when I was there in the summers of 2007 and 2008. Everyone is pretty much married and new people have come in. But I've made a friend already and it's been fun to start fresh.
Coming home has actually been really amazing. Besides the fact that I have to job hunt, I've been having a great time. This weekend was a ton of fun because we were just sooo silly. Mom, Andrew, and I went around looking for the movie The Help at 5 different Redbox locations. We were determined to find it. Every where we went, it was gone. We were about to give up, but we remembered there was a blockbuster box at our local grocery store. My mom said, "Should we go?"
Andrew and I, "LET'S DO IT!"
We crossed the street and as we did, without rehearsal or word, we all rose our hands in the air and screamed in determination. And that's how the night started, we went from there and became more hilarious as the night went on. We did get to see The Help, on demand! It was more expensive but worth it, I knew that Mom and Andrew would love it.
The funny night carried over to the next day...I love when that happens.
Still Running,
Arica

No comments:
Post a Comment