Sunday, February 12, 2012

Six Months

I am someone who lives in the future. What is coming, what's next, how can I get there...and I don't appreciate the here and now. I've known this for a long time...since I started college I have been like this:
In high school..."I can't wait for college"
In college..."I can't wait for a mission"
On a mission...."I can't wait to finish college"
Finish college...."I can't wait to have a job"
Have a job..."I can't wait......"

And so it goes. It's not that I'm not happy right now. I am totally happy! :D I just get excited about planning things out but then forget to enjoy them. As I was talking to Valerie tonight I realized that I need to work on enjoying my here and now time. It's good to plan for the future but then let the plan unfold. Even if things are as I planned I still need to be patient with my life.

I'm learning patience with the children I look after, the people in traffic, my life moving in the direction I've envisioned. So my new motto is:

I can't live 6 months into the future. 

And I'm going to stop trying.

No comments: