I wouldn't wash any of my Redsox stuff from the first game of the season thinking it would wash away our luck. Call me gross...but baseball/Red Sox fans are hard core.
I also, had Fenway Park on my Facebook cover photo and believed if I changed it, that it would hurt their mojo.
All of those supersitions don't matter. Someone accidentally washed a shirt of mine, then I washed one myself, and then I just decided it didn't matter because we kept winning anyways.
When Andrew passed I didn't want to change my cover photo, but I thought better of it. I changed it. I knew it was just a picture and it didn't really matter. I wanted a picture of my siblings all together and that was more important.
What did help us win? What was the true key factor in this season? My family. We have been united in our love for the Red Sox for many years and even with the tragedies that have come, the Red Sox remain an uniting passion. (Of course besides our faith.) We watched as a family when they won in 2004, we watched together in 2007, and we watched together in 2013. The Red Sox are more than just a team we love, it's the uniting and love of a family. I will always love them for bringing us together whether we're all present or not.
Red Sox nation.... Boston Strong. Family Strong. Gospel Strong.
I love you,
Arica
No comments:
Post a Comment