So today I'm just in a great mood! I don't know what made me that way...I talked to my friend (and roommate) Valerie on the phone last night...we were discussing how when we forget about ourselves and get lost in service we can truely be happier people. I realized that I think about Arica alot...'what can I get out of this'...'does this pertain to what I am going through'...yes what happens to me matters but I don't need to focus on it all the time. I want to serve others and be more productive. Today I woke up late...I think either I'm turing off the alarm and going back to bed without remembering or my alarm is broken...but as I got out of bed and started getting ready for work...I decided that I was going to be in a good mood today. I thought to myself, if people need my help I'm going to be there to give it and if they're in a bad mood I'm going to be there to cheer them up! And I've tried this before...just to decide to be in a good mood, but sometimes it's like Satan knows my plan to have a good atittude and works really hard on me and I get dragged down and think about everything that might be going wrong. For some reason I chose NOT to let that stop me...I was going to have a good day no matter what! Work has been pretty good so far, I finished my project that I've been doing since school let out and now I'm moving on to little projects people have needed me to do! I'm happy to move on from entering people into a database. :) I'm actually doing it...I feel like a burden has been lifted from me because if you think about it being grumpy takes a lot of work: you have to think constantly about what's going wrong, you have to talk about it to other people and kind of drag them down with you, and you have to think that everyone around you is out to get you. It's selfish state of mind. I like this quote from President Hinckley, "For, generally speaking, the most miserable people I know are those who are obsessed with themselves; the happiest people I know are those who lose themselves in the service of others." I hope this will be the first of many days that my choice goes a long way. I know I'll have hard days, no doubt but I'm going to look at them in a different view. Having a good attitude with everything you do is a ChOiCe...and I choose not only to be happy but to SHOW it through service...sometimes we can be happy and others would never know because of our attitude.
I'm thankful for the insights I gain from other people and the way that the Lord shows me what I need to do...I love my life and the fact that I'm living it RIGHT now and not in the near future. I have an awesome family, friends that are there for me 100%, and Heavenly Father who knows what's best...what more could a girl ask for?
2 comments:
I dont have time right now to read your post but will for sure be back. I wanted to tell you I love the new blog add ons! So fun! You are awesome! Thanks for coming to my blog class last night! When do U leave again? We need to hang! Chat soon.
Love the slideshow!
Post a Comment