Thursday Evening: We (mom and I) got off work early so that we could get some stuff for her enrichment progressive dinner that night. I decided that I wanted to go and support my mom...plus the sister missionaries in the Matthews ward are AWESOME and we have fun talking to them....along with many other ladies (Jenn-Lee and Marianne) that share common interests. The dinner was a blast along with some awesome food. I was glad they allowed us singles to come and hone in! I hope to start this RSU (Relief Society University) with the Matthews Ward....it's like I was looking for a way to better myself with out having to read a bunch of stuff (which I don't mind doing it's just I know there are other ways of doing it...) and I've gotten a lot of good ideas from several people and I plan on trying some of those. But I think that the Lord knew that I needed a little more of a push and put this crossroad in my way on purpose.
Friday: My family went out to Sonic because we were all together and it was a lot of fun!! We always have a good time just hanging out and talking or playing cards...I hope when we have spouses that they will fit into that mold and we all get along! :) Then friday night I went out with some friends and played PuttPutt (more people call is mini-golf now days) but Ash and I were on the same team...I wasn't doing too shabby until SOMEONE knocked my ball down a hill with their ball and wouldn't let me move it back...but I digress ;). Though after that I was frustrated and therefore did bad on the next 5 holes!!! So Ash and I lost....I kind of want a rematch but then again it wasn't that big of a deal at the same time. :)
Saturday: This was another day my mom redeemed another coupon for her mother's day ExTrAvAgAnZa!!!!! We did a clean sweep of the downstairs and we thought it wouldn't be as bad as the attic but it turns out that it was worse!! I think it was because we went through every pen and marker....that's how deep we went...so we didn't even hit the kitchen which was where we should have started. I got all cleaned up and Ash and I were invited to a movie night (plus food) which was pretty fun but turned out to be a card game! Runs and Trios was pretty fun and I'm glad Mark taught it to us. Hopefully we can play more card games and such because I like games and learning new things....so that was fun..
TODAY! FaThEr'S day!!!! We went to church which was pretty awesome...the talks in Sacrament were so good and then the rest of church just followed suit. Ash and I came back home and Ash made dinner for dad...I peeled potatoes and then when things were cooking I fell asleep...I felt bad...but it was all good in the end. (Ash is a better cook anyways...) We gave dad some notes we wrote to him and then us kids gave him Brian Regan on DVD!!! We watched it...it's soooo funny....I mean not every joke is like rolling on the floor but I have to say I laughed quite a bit! I love laughing and hearing others laugh...especially my family and close friends. I love my dad and I'm glad we got to celebrate this day with him! :)
4 comments:
ARICA! you are a great cook! But don't worry about dinner you were sleepy...Runs and Trios was a great game, I hope we play more games like that, game nights are fun...Putt-putt was great and though you had a ruff (hehe) time some of the holes you played pretty well...I love you...have a great day..
HI Arica-
Hope you don't mind me snooping around! It's fun to see what you're up to! (I found you through Jenn-Lee's blog) Say hi to your family for me!
Molly Tatro
You are so cute!!! I love you guys so much!! I can't wait until your back either! It looks like your having so much fun at home. I remember those days!!!
I'm excited to see you again. You'll have to teach us that card cage when you get back!!!
Please trade weekends with me! Mine are filled with babysitting crazy kids and not getting any naps. :(
Post a Comment