I went over to my good friend from high school; Colie's house the night before so that we could leave early in the morning. We watched the traditional episode of the office and then hit the sack...we were tired. We woke up about 7:30 (sleeping in on a Tuesday..nice!) and decided if we were going on a trip every meal must be bought "on the road". So where did we go for at least ONE meal?? Chic-fil-a! : ) Breakfast there is very good...I could have eaten lunch there too. We got on the road and jammed to a cd that we made the night before. We called it Teenybopper because it was FILLED with *Nsync , BSB, Brittney, Christina, Dream, and more...ahh it was AWESOME! We belted our hearts out....and then went through her random cds and found some other good things to listen to. Too bad I can't find my HSM2 soundtrack, that would have been fun. We got there by 10:30 and dove right in.
We got a good pic of us jamming:

We took the conventional shot in front of the house and then got some of just the grounds.

We took the we-want-pictures-together-so-we'll-stick-our-arm-out-way-far-to-get-us-both-in shots....
Then we toured the house. I can't imagine actually living in this place! I mean it's huge...I wish there wasn't places roped off so I could explore and see all the different ways to get places but we had to follow the crowd. What I love about Colie is that she wasn't all "oh the history...blah blah.." we both weren't that interested in how it was built, preserved, or what it stood for....we just wanted to see how huge it really was and to see the details of each room. Every ceiling was different! They have 43 bathrooms and back then people usually still had an outhouse! Colie and I both decided that the basement was our favorite part. BOWLING...SWIMMING (that pool looked amazing..I could run in from the other room and jump into a room filled with water!). So Colie and I decided we'd work in the kitchen to have easier access to the basement facilities. : ) We were done with the tour and went to explore the grounds and take some funny pictures as well....


We went to the green houses and then to the lake. I'm not a nature-ish person but there was something very peaceful about just walking around the lake and seeing all of the green. Colie and I had some good discussions while there too.
We saw a sign for a waterfall and followed it but it turn out of be a dam that had water flowing off of it...we thought it was a natural waterfall. It was okay...we soaked our feet in the creek and rested. Then we had to walk all the way back up the grounds and we were BEEEAT! I mean it was hot and uphill. We got back to the house (Mansion!) and decided Icecream sounded AWESOME! We got cones: Colie with Mint Chocolate Chip (a favorite of both of ours) and Me with Moose Tracks (I never had it in a cone before thus making the experience so much more enjoyable). They were pretty big (I guess when your house is that big...you try to make everything match it..) so we decided to skip lunch and count that as nourishment enough. We caught the bus back to the parking lot...yes we were that tired. Then we drove to see Colie's school UNCA! It was so tiny...and Colie and I swapped college stories! I love talking about college..I also like that Colie and I are still great friends even after high school. We went and ate some Thai food which was so delicious...mmm...I want to go back to Ashville just for it! The drive home was just as fun just not AS enthused because we were dog tired! We came back to my house and chilled for a little bit but then Colie left and I just fell asleep.
It was a good day and I'm glad I can say that I went on my Biltmore trip...it helped that I had a great friend to go with! : )
2 comments:
The Biltmore House is hands down one of my most favorite places in all of North Carolina... so beautiful. My favorite has always been the Halloween Room that they painted during a party - such a cool idea. You should check it out around the holidays - it's like Christmas threw up all over the place and it's just magical :)
Dude! I love that you are posting again - I hadn't noticed till now but then I haven't been on the computer that much either...Well Biltmore is soo much fun!
Post a Comment