Monday, August 25, 2008

Goodbye, Hello

I leave for Rexburg next Tuesday...I'm way excited to be going back to school and see all of my friends..also to progress in my schooling; it's going to be AWESOME when I can be done with school. I can't believe I only have 2 more years. Leaving either place is bitter sweet. I will miss everyone I leave behind but look forward to seeing all of my great friends at school. To the end of my summer I feel I must say goodbye to somethings.

Goodbye To:

Charlotte Speech and Hearing Center; who let me work there all summer for the past three summers. I really appreciate having a job waiting for me when I get home and I love the fact that I can work with my mom. It helps when you have a built in best friend at work to make things easier.

Three day weekends; where I could start my weekend on Thursday night and live it up until Monday morning. I'll miss mistaking Friday for Saturday.

My calling as Relief Society teacher. I actually loved this calling!! I never knew how much I loved to teach and how much I could learn from teaching. I got released yesterday...and even though I joke about "being free" I'm really going to miss being able to share my thoughts and feeling about gospel topics and having my RS girls throwing their 2 cents out there. I only have to teach three times but each time was a great experience and I think helped me in ways I didn't know I needed help. I believe I've grown from this calling and I hope that I can build on what I've learned and maybe use it in the school setting. Heavenly Father really does know what we need! :)

The Hilliard Branch! I am so thankful that we have a singles branch around Charlotte!! I feel like this is a place where people in the same stage in life can come and build each other up. I didn't think I'd make such great friends but these past two summers have been loaded with many friend filled activities...and I'm SO thankful that invite me places or share things with me. I'm glad that I can come home to a place and still feel like I'm a part of the branch even though I've been gone so long. I had the opportunity to keep my spiritual oil lamp full even while I'm away from the little mormon bubble that Rexburg is! :) There are certain people (in and out of the branch!) that I'd like that thank for that...hopefully they know who they are; thank you for EVERYTHING...you've been my rock this summer!

My family...oh how I miss them when I'm gone. I love them soooo much! I'm always so ready to leave for school but as soon as I get there I still wish I was around for my family outings and constant jokes. They're pretty good about keeping me clued in though. I'm happy that they allow me to come and take over the house in the summer. I move stuff around and arrange things the way that I want so there's room for me...but they just let me do it. Shout out to Gramma...thanks for doing my laundry, cooking, and taking us out to lunch! :) I'm ready to go back to school but that doesn't mean I won't miss you terribly!!! LOVE YOU!

Cheeseburgers! Every summer it's like there's a food theme...it just happens, we don't know why but my family kind of get into a certain food and just love it! Last summer was Sushi...the year before that it was casadillas (oh and we became masters on how to make them!!) ....this summer was cheeseburgers....at least for me it was....I'm not sure if my family was as into it...I just LOVE them! I was always jonesin' for a cheeseburger. Either my dad's (which are THE best), Outback, Redrobin, Woodbutchers or wherever...I got a cheeseburger. I love them with sauteed onions...mmmmm. What I won't miss is soup! I've had soup just about every day for lunch this summer at work...it's quick to take in the mornings and it's freezing in the Center so it's not too bad...I just get sick of it quickly. I'll eat it...but I won't miss it. :) Any guess what I have for lunch today???

Also, goodbye to:
Charlotte! Thursday night Office and LOST and occasional SNL! Lauren's house! Jamming to music in Ashleigh's car! Driving!!!! (I hope I get to drive someones car in ID) Money! Laziness! Reading for pleasure! The possibility of the beach! EVERYONE WHO LOVES ME!

HELLO to:
Rexburg, ID and Fall 2008

2 comments:

Ashleigh said...

Jammin' to Music is fun! But the Street Limit Lyric Games is WAY funner!! you are soo funny...you have to keep up this blog while you are at school I can feel you seeping through the words, there's a writer for you!

LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU ALREADY!!

Arica said...

Ash! It was Speed Limit Lyrics...get the name right!! I think we should play that again..."Speed Limit 35!"