"Twenty one, Twenty one, only days left better get it done! Twenty one, Twenty one, Twenty one plus days get ready, I'm on!"
Okay so maybe making my own lyrics to High School Musical 3 isn't the most reverent way to be getting ready for my mission...but I keep thinking about the number 21. (and I saw HSM3 again last night) I will be turning 21 on January 16th and leaving on January 21st! CRAZY!!! I don't have much time left. I'm not sure of my exact assignment...like how long I'll be in the visitor's center or how long I'll be proselyting...but I'll do what ever they ask me. Am I nervous? of course...because so much is unknown until you are actually doing it. BUT I don't doubt that I can do it...I just have this reassuring feeling that Heavenly Father will be with me every step of the way.
So what have I been up to? I came home and went full speed ahead! I had two parties to go to the day I got back and gave a talk in Sacrament Meeting the next day. I started work that Monday...and have been torn in many different places but have been trying to spend most of my time with the family. Christmas was great! Arin was my secret santa and I was hers! haha We bought each other the Taylor Swift cd...but I like that I have my own copy. :P If you've been around me at all lately you'll know that I'm OBSESSED with it. I love it. I made a playlist on youtube to listen to before I got the cd so when I got it I knew the words and it made so awesome because now I don't have to be at a computer to listen to it. My sisters and Mom have been listening to it too. If you look at facebook you'll see that most of my recent status' are lyrics from that cd. I also got a new DIGITAL CAMERA! It's a Cannon...8 mp, video with audio, zoom, and more features than I even know right now. (ps. those features were all things my other camera couldn't do.) My parents got me that gift...plus a butt load of mission stuff! Arin also gave me this way cute quote note book...soooo if you have a favorite quote or three let me know and I'll put them in there...if I deem them as worthy. What was really awesome about Christmas was having the Sister Missionaries over. Well they come over quite often anyways for dinner and such but they were there for Christmas breakfast so that was fun! Having them around makes me even more excited...they give me advice and ask me to come on appointments with them. Though every time I go out with them the appointment falls through or the people aren't there. It's taught me a lot! I know that not every appointment is going to end in baptism and that maybe you have to work a little harder for people to hear the message!
Now I'm just working to get everything done by the time I leave. I've been shopping A LOT! It's fun to be able to spend money but it's hard to find somethings...but ladies if you're ever looking for good skirts that are longer...CATO! Best store I've been to yet. I don't even know what else I need to do...I mean I do, I just don't want to think about it. AHHH! I'll tell you what...I need to get used to early to bed, early to rise..probably not this week because of New Years...but ya know.
Anyways just wanted to give people an update. I'll probably have my mom put my emails up here while I'm on my mission. Love y'all! :)
2 comments:
Arica, I'm so happy for you! Best of luck!
Love you!
Courtney
hey lady! i know you aren't going to be home...for like a year, but i started a blog! remember how i used to say that i would and never did? well it happened. i would love to hear from you and be blog buddies when you come home. take care!
Post a Comment