I said goodbye to Sister Harwood...it wasn't too hard because I know I'll see her again relatively soon. But the night before we went to pick up my greenie I got a blessing to guide me. I didn't realize how much I needed it until I was actually getting it.
So being a mom is hard work...and not because my kid is hard...it's just teaching them and giving the correct information but what's even harder is figuring out when they're ready for the next step...like talking in lessons and at doors and such. Because if they're ready and you don't realize it they think that you think they don't know what they're doing..when you really do know that they know what they're doing but weren't sure that they thought they were ready. hmmm if that made sense.
My child's name is Sister Felten. She super awesome...and really ready and willing to work and work hard. She wants no regrets on her mission and I like that attitude. We have been working on doing 20 min. lessons like Pres. Pitts has asked us and also walking around more in neighborhoods because people don't even know they have missionaries sometimes. So it's been good and we found two new people to teach...which we desperately need more people to teach right now. We had a zone fast for us to meet our goals this transfer so we're really putting our faith in Heavenly Father. We are planning on 4 baptisms this transfer...and we had one on Saturday. It was planned for last transfer but it got moved back. But it was a good experience for Sis. Felten to see the process of a baptism.
We've also had some pretty interesting dinners this last week...but I am thankful for anything people feed us...so I won't go into that. haha
Things are so different in my area because we baptized a lot of people we were really close too and now the ward is taking over so we don't get to see them as much...so it's kind of weird. But we'll make new relationships with people and have cool stories to tell about them. haha
I love my mission...and my new companion. I'm thankful Heavenly Father sent me someone who wants to work hard and is so capable...she knows the doctrine and knows how to study well so she can apply it in our lessons. :)
Love,
Sister Page
No comments:
Post a Comment