I have been home for almost a month now and while I'm loving every moment I am also feeling very overwhelmed at the prospect of getting "into the groove of things" as people put it. I haven't been keeping in touch with people as much as I would have liked. I think I had a false notion that I'd have more time on my hands and while I DO have more time to do certain things it's different when you make your own schedule and such. The structure of the mission and knowing when I'd wake up, eat lunch, and sleep are gone....and I have only myself discipline to frame how my day will go. And let me tell you self discipline is not my strong point. I haven't been too bad. The first week was just adjustment, then my family went to the beach for a week, and then my very good friend and old roommate Valerie came on a surprise visit! It has been an amazing couple weeks. This week I'm working on getting things in order for school and driving out with Arin in September, making sure I have correct classes to graduate when anticipated, and reconnecting with friends. It's been good but a slow process.
I have found one true joy in my life....missionary work! haha Sounds funny I know but after 3 weeks of vacation from reality I have now lent my services to the Elders in my ward. They had 11 investigators at church this week! So I was able to be the friendly face that welcomed them and such. We also had a cottage meeting at another members home and I brought the investigators and was able to get to know them. Well tomorrow I'm going with the Elders to their appointment with the people from the cottage meeting and then after that to the next meeting with a girl I sat by in relief society! It's going to be great and they even gave me parts of the lesson to teach! I didn't realize how much I missed it. I think it's because my mission somewhat feels like a dream and being involved with missionary work here brings it back to the forefront of my mind! I love the feeling...I think I'll chase that.
I will continue to update as much as I can...no promises but I will also make my blog a bit more fun...with pictures and things!
Forever,
Arica
1 comment:
Hey...I love your background...it's soooo Happy! Looking good Arica!!! I love you!
`Mom
Post a Comment