Just like I was saying last week...miracles! Heavenly Father answers prayers and does care about us in ways we can't even imagine...we just have to give him a little time to answer and to learn from the wait. I will have to work on patience the rest of my life...THAT'S for sure. haha
Things only got better this week. We were having 1-5 lessons every week this transfer and last week we had 14! Our goal as a mission is to have 20 lessons a week so we were really really frustrated...but we had 14 last week and expect to have a couple more this week. Many amazing times. Even some of the hard times have turned sweet. Example: we went over to a 17 year old boys house (name-Alex) and we wanted to teach him so we were talking and testifying. And he was a really nice kid....and he didn't want to hurt our feelings. But I didn't want to force him to meet with us and gave him an out because I knew he was going to say yes to just to make us happy. In the end he told us he just wasn't ready. So we left. It was kind of a breaking point for me...when I couldn't stand anymore rejection and realizing we can't make people interested in our message. Well then we got the blessings and many other people did help us too...and prayer and fasting. Then we had the turn around. Well this past week Sister Hardey a sister in the VC called a little 9 year old girl and asked her grandpa if she could receive this free gift from her friend. He said yes and so we were given the referral. We went over and talked to her (name-Nani) and I kept thinking 'she looks so familiar' and Sister Schoppa said something about it too. Nani goes "you know my brother Alex!"....and then it clicked. We had met Alex's little sister and brother but hadn't talked to them because they were in and out of the house. Now Nani IS interested...we were at the right house but for the wrong person. Alex wasn't ready but his sister (unknown to us) was! The Lord made sure that we came back in contact with her. She hasn't been raised with a religion so she knows there's a God but not much else but she's so excited to learn! It's amazing. I think that Alex will be more ready if his sister is an example to him. AMAZING!
Many of those expeirences and more will follow through out the rest of my life...if I look for them. They can happen to all of us...if we're looking for a spiritual experience or a chance to share the gospel...and pray for it...IT WILL HAPPEN...we can MAKE it happen with the help of the Holy Ghost. I looooove that there is no such thing as a coiensodence... Heavenly Father knows where we need to be and at what time.
Love,
Sister Page
No comments:
Post a Comment