Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Many GRAND Things

I have felt your prayers and your love...and the love of the Savior. My last email I was pretty frustrated. I wasn't sure what to do anymore for my area...here's what I learned....WAIT. and then WAIT some more. Patience has never been a strong point of mine but I think the Lord from time to time likes to remind me of that when I feel I have a grasp on things. But due to your prayers and fasting and I'm sure many others combined with our own...we are seeing the miracles promised.

Sister Schoppa and I received a blessing from some elders in our district and since then I have seen the blessings come true. I didn't notice that I was under pressure but he blessed that the pressure I was feeling would lift and the stress would decrease. It has come and through many ways. List:

Tracy
Mom you are going to meet her. ;) I've talked about her before and discussed how we needed to drop her a couple times. She called us and asked us to come back. I think dropping her was the best thing we could have done! She said on the phone "I know I haven't been reading...I know I should attend church more" see it got her thinking. Well we both apologized for things said and how it had happened....and we went back. Well we got her a huge BoM because she has bad eye sight...and she takes it to church withe her and she stays for Gospel Principles! And we taught the word of wisdom and she said she'd work on it all. THEN we find out that she made a goal....(which she was opposed to in the past) "I want to get married in the temple on my 15th anniversary and that's next November so I need to get baptized before November" HOLY COW. That's not it. Pres. and Sister Pitts gave a fireside at the tabernacle and we sang at it. So we invited a couple people...and she was one of them. She said "well you've done so much for me...I can do this for you." and she CAME! Not only that the whole fireside and everything that Pres. Pitts said pertained to her! Afterwords we talked to the other missionaries and hugged sister Pitts and then I had a feeling "go talk to Tracy now"...so I went down. And she was crying..."I've never felt like this before....I'm hot but I have goosebumps....and EVERYTHING he said was related to me." She recognized the Spirit for the first time. If Tracy Solomonson could recognize the spirit and want to get baptized...this gospel IS true. She can't wait to get there now. She's on fire. I don't know what happened but everything is falling into place.

Former investigators and new investigators. We are finding now. We have gone back to people we used to teach and they are ready to see us again and we're starting fresh with a couple people. Then we have a couple new people we're started teaching. Yesterday we were led to someone who was ready. She's catholic and we talked to her about prophets and asked if she was willing to listen to more...and she's very active in the catholic faith. So we're getting ready for her to say "oh no I'm okay.." but she said "sure yeah I'll meet with you." Then we set up a time for tonight. I pray it goes well and we teach what she needs to hear.

Pres. Pitts and I had a good interview and he assured me he knows we're working hard. He had so much confidence in me and allows me to see things I can't! I will miss him. I'm going to see the Hill Cumorah pageant in 2012 and staying with the Pitts after their mission. :) 

Today we went to the Grand Canyon. It was a lot of fun. I don't have time to list it all but pictures to come. My last two districts have been some of my favorite. It was an amazing sight...very high up...but very worth it. The car ride was about 2 and half hours so it was fun too. So many GRAND things happening this week.

The work is amazing. I love you all. I can hardly believe it's close to the end of this chapter of my life. It's been THE best thing I've ever done. Love, Sister Page

No comments: