Hallo! Guten tag! That's German for Hello and good day...so different isn't it! hahaha Why am I speaking German? Well probably that's because my companion is from GERMANY! I'm training Sister Schoppa (Shop-pa) and she's awesome! We haven't even been together a week but we are already great friends and I love her. She's ready to work and wants to learn to do everything on her own. She's going to be a great missionary. One of the first things she asked is "how long have you been on your mission?" And I had to tell her right away "this is my last transfer!" BOO. She's amazing and I have to leave. We are really having to build our area because we don't have a lot of investigators and the ones we do have aren't really progressing...it's pretty much the toughest area I've ever been in but with a great companion and a dose of faith we're doing just great. This means we're knocking a lot of doors and honestly that means a lot of really funny experiences. The more people you meet the more experiences you will have. We met a 94 year old man and he was a member but so nice. He wanted to give us something he had made...so he comes out with a BANANA HANGER! He works with wood and had like 20 of them. It was so funny. We were just walking around with a banana hanger in our hands. We're so proud of it.
We also talked to a Jewish guy. We were finding out if he was interested and he said "not really I'm happy with my faith" so we talked more and asked if his roommates would be interested and he said he didn't know. I didn't know what else to say so I said "well have a good day and umm...good luck with your "faith" " and as I said faith I pointed my fingers out like they were guns. Then we left but couldn't stop laughing. I couldn't believe I did that. But it made for a funny story.
On a more serious note...something I'm seeing in myself is that I'm not afraid to testify at doors. I have worked my whole mission trying to get to that point and I feel like I'm finally there. I'm finally in a place where no matter what they say I bring it back to the gospel and testify! It's been amazing to see the difference in knowing I did my part to invite them. We have a lot of follow up and such to do but at least we're keeping ourselves busy.
In the VC Sis. Schoppa is doing GREAT! She's made 3 phone calls and received 3 yes's so far. She's scared at times but she doesn't let that stop her. We've been having a great time and every shift she's on there's at least 1 person who speaks German and is a nonmember. WOOT. She was needed.
So many great memories made and many more to come.
I love you all! Ich liebe dich.
Liebe,
Sister Page
No comments:
Post a Comment