Monday, May 24, 2010

My Plan vs. Heavenly Father's Plan

TRANSFER CALLS....the verdict is in. Here's what I planned...(because we on slow nights at the VC have to keep ourselves occupied...so yes I guessed transfer calls) I had Sister Cluff staying in the area and training a new missionary. I had me going to another area called Bloomington and being with Sister Dunn. Well Saturday night Pres. Pitts calls (usually it's the APs) and I answer thinking I'll just hand the phone over to Sister Cluff to get her training call. But he didn't ask me to hand it over....instead he says "you'll be staying in the area Sister Page and the Lord has seen fit that you train again....you think you can do that?" I of course accepted the call but honestly I was shocked. Then Sister Cluff gets a call and she's going with Sister Dunn to Bloomington...I totally had it backward! Honestly, I am worried about the area and such....this past week was really hard number wise...and I'll admit I got discouraged. Sister Cluff was so awesome to keep my spirits up. I've tried to be positive all transfer but I broke. I did repent and will stay positive. So I'll go up to Provo tomorrow (tues) and then pick up my "greenie" on Wednesday. I just want to make this the best transfer ever with her. I want to be lost in the work. I want to have so much amazingness that I won't want to go home! I can't believe it's the beginning of my last transfer. I think training will help me reflect on my own mission. Many updates to come.

But LACEY is BAPTIZED! The whole service was amazing. I can't even describe. The spirit so strong and so much support. We were in the chapel. They sang a special musical number after the actual baptism (Lacey included...) they're all in a choir together and the song went soooo well. I saw a difference in Lacey's countenance. In the scriptures when it says "have ye received his image in your countenance?" I know what it looks like when people do! As she sang the song (called Open Thou Mine Eyes) I could see it. She was a "new creature" as the scriptures put it. And then her confirmation on Sunday was great too. I really believe she is one of the reasons I stayed on my mission. :)

We'll see what this new transfer has to bring. I'm trying to think of a transfer theme...or a good quote to keep in mind...so if you have any suggestions please email me.
Love, Sister Page

No comments: