- Stephanie's baptism
- Fred's Baptism
- Zone Conference
1. Stephanie Peterson (19) is someone I taught in Hurricane....HURRICANE...over a YEAR AGO! And now the Assistants to the President are in Hurricane and I told them to stop by Stephanie's (well I told everyone serving there to stop by!). She was supposed to get baptized last April and didn't feel ready. She wanted to wait until after summer but that didn't happen either. This girl was the first person I taught all the lessons through...I was one of her first missionaries. She is someone who was so close to the spirit and didn't even realize how much she recognized it. But she wouldn't get baptized! Well I told them to go over....they did and they put her on date for baptism on Saturday May 1st. Steph calls me and asked me to give the talk on the Holy Ghost...but there is a rule...it's not your area you can't go to the baptism. Well we asked anyways...it was important! We had the AP's on our side. So they call President and he said...YES! I was able to go to the baptism of a life time. I gave a talk on the Holy Ghost but it was such a blessing for ME....what a miracle I was able to witness. I love her and I'm so happy she took this step. During her confirmation I had the impression that she would go on a mission.....that would be so sweet. I'm sure we're going to keep in touch forever.
2. Fred Masters (68)...he was nervous. But he was so ready. The program went so well. His favorite hymn is "How Great Thou Art" so Sister Cluff and I sang it...I even sang a verse by myself! eek! I was nervous but it worked out. I was to happy that I was able to be a part of it. His confirmation was cool too. He has been an example to many.
3. ZONE CONFERENCE! Of course amazing. We talked about our purpose and why we're here. PERFECT to prepare me for next transfer. I am going to go STRONG until the end. As my dad would say "stay focused, work hard, love your companion". I will. We read 2Nephi 31 and picked it apart and applied it to our purpose. Pres. Pitts is amazing. I'll miss his "sermons" haha.
Love you all! Love, Sister Page
No comments:
Post a Comment