Monday, May 17, 2010

I CAN'T Only Imagine!

I wrote down a couple of things to write about so that I don't have to think so hard about what happened during the week. The days run together I'm telling you. And also I apologize if I repeat some information because I can't remember what I've written previous and don't have time to look.

Lacey Kirkland! She's 18 and getting baptized next Saturday. She is amazing. She has a friend on a mission and he referred her to a missionary at the MTC and they had a couple of conversations on the phone and she finally said it'd be okay for her to be taught by missionaries. So a senior couple contacts media referrals to see if they're really interested. Well they watched Joseph Smith Prophet of the Restoration and she was okay to meeting. She met with us but didn't want to meet at her house so we met at the VC a couple of times and then started meeting at her friends house (Lora who WAS less active but not anymore). So Sister Mosley and I taught her and she would read and pray and do and ask!!! It was the best! She was ready and willing to do anything to know God...like King Lamoni's father in Alma 22. We asked her to be baptized a couple of times but she really wanted to make sure it's something she could commit to the rest of her life. Therefore we gave her time to pray and think. As we taught she constantly had more and more friends from school wanting to be a part of the lessons and supporting her and Lora. One day she told us that May 22nd was the time she felt she'd be ready. Now she's so excited. She can see the change in herself. She can't even believe the difference in herself now and her attitude towards life and such from before. Sister Cluff and I are the missionaries but I feel like I've found my long lost friend. It doesn't help that she reminds me of Colie...all the time! haha When Lacey calls or I call we answer by saying "hi best friend" ahahah It's so funny...I don't even know how that started. I can't even imagine if I didn't serve a mission because of people like her. Or if I didn't STAY on my mission. We were talking about it the other day because we wanted her to think "how do you think the actions and choices you make today could effect other people?" Lacey said "well if I hadn't started meeting with you Lora wouldn't have gone back to church....and if you hadn't come on a mission I wouldn't be getting baptized." Man the spirit was strong. I love her. Family you should look her up on Facebook and tell her hi. haha

I finally finished the Book of Mormon all the way through on my mission so I've offically read it 2 and a half times. I wanted to take my time while on my mission and really study it, not just read it like I had before. It's amazing what you miss when you don't stop to think what you've been reading. I'm now reading the Miracle of Forgiveness per Ashleigh's request and I have to say it's a really good book. It just tells you "hey...that's a sin!" and you kind of feel like "oh..." and want to be better. The Lord's commandments really are black and white...there is no gray area. If you have a little bit of gray that's not pure...the Lord wants WHITE....not off white or anything else. The thing is we all fall short of achieving that whiteness by ourselves...we DO sin but we can become clean by Jesus Christ. It would be better if we didn't sin at all...but of course learning comes from it too. I'll update you on what I learn from it.

In other news transfers are announced on Saturday and Pres. Pitts has made if clear that all the sisters will be moving into their areas. We have been living in Temple Apartments across from the VC for ever and now he wants us to live with members in our areas. I think it will be good. But we'll see who's transferred.
Love you all, Sister Page

No comments: