Today was the best pday of my life. I did what I did not think was possible. I hiked up and up and up a mountain...I don't even know how many feet we were up but all I know is that I was SCARED OUT OF MY MIND! My district all went to Zion National Park and we had a blast. There was a part where it was a pretty big drop and you had to hold onto chains and I was like "I'm not going." and if you know me you know I HATE being the "party pooper" and that I didn't want to complain but I really didn't think I could psychologically do it . (I told my mom yesterday that I think I'm becoming more and more like her...that includes being afraid of heights!) So Sis. Cluff offered to stay with me while they went on the rest of the hike. They kept going and we stayed and then I was like let me just look and and see if it's as bad as I'm thinking...but I couldn't get very far I just couldn't do it. Then Elder Lanier (AP) and Elder Jensen (District Leader) came back like 5 mins later. I was like what's up...and they encouraged us. Elder Lanier said "you have two options come with us or climb down and wait for us down there...but it's REALLY not as bad as you think." I knew it was all psychological. So I determined to go because I wasn't going to waste my pday just waiting on people. So I started us out...and how did E. Lanier distract me?? With stories of Josh Carlson and him skateboarding on UNCC campus and getting caught by the cops every time. HAHAHAHAHA (he lived in Charlotte until he was 16) BUT it worked and I kept asking questions and not looking down. Well we kept going and going and going and we went over all of these boulders and such (I could do that all day...there was no cliff after the chain part). It was fun. Then we ate lunch and headed back...and I still needed some support and encouragement...but I was okay. I think the combination of the Elders helping me up and down things and Sis. Mosley just talking to me...helped a lot. I am doing things that I didn't think I could do....and then I realized...I've been doing things for almost a year and half that I didn't think I could do. I've been talking to random strangers about the gospel and helping them to change their lives. I was sitting on the tram taking us back to the main lodge of the park and I sat next to a woman named Sadie...she was at least 60 and so nice. I explained who we were and such, she was from Memphis Tennessee. I also invited her to the VC and talked about what she believed. It was cool. I don't think I could have done that a year ago. I'm determined to do this through out my whole life. :) I LOVE THIS GOSPEL. The whole time on the trail the Elders were relating the hike to the gospel and life. It really was applicable. I'm thankful that people have so much faith in me...and that the Lord has so much faith in me.
In other news we had a surprise baptism on Friday! It was amazing. Our investigator named Andrea (she's from Hungary and married a less active member) had a baptism date for May 22nd but her husband is a trucker and didn't think he'd get work off so they moved it up...we got everything ready in TWO days! It all came together and her confirmation was so good. It said that the Holy Ghost would lead her to the temple and that people on the other side are rejoicing at this decision because of all the temple work that will come from this one baptism. Pretty amazing.
Well I'm so thankful for my mom. I just have to say that. We had 25 minutes to talk and the rest was for the kids but I'm so happy that we did get to talk. I'm definitely happy if I turn out to be like her. She's one amazing woman and a strength to all. I had to give a talk yesterday on mothers and I told everyone at least 3 of the life lessons that she has taught me through out my life.
1. Bloom where you are planted
2. Don't settle for anything less than the temple.
3. Know the value of a dollar
This last one I applied temporally and spiritually...the spiritual part was knowing our self worth. I'm so thankful for a home I could come home to that was a haven from the world...after having the world beat on you all day at school and then coming home to the love and Spirit that resides there. I never noticed how beaten down at school I really was until now...and I'm happy I didn't realize because that would have made it harder...but I definitely felt the Spirit in our home. Thanks mom!
Love,
Sister Page
No comments:
Post a Comment