Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Why I Came on a Mission

This week has been good but it's hard when things aren't as busy as the used to be. Sis. Cluff and I are really praying and looking for miracles to find more people to teach. It would be great if you could pray for that too. I know you're mindful of me in your prayers but if we could specifically pray for more people to teach that would be amazing. I have really been thinking lately. I've been rededicating myself to the work and Lord and it just so happends that last night at the VC a Young Womens group came into watch some films and they asked me to tell why I decided to go on a mission, in retelling that story with the fact that I've been thinking about how I can rededicate myself...I was pushing back the tears. My mission has meant everything to me...and I don't want to waste a minute or day...soak up the time I have left! So I want to share why I decided to serve because I don't know if I ever shared the story with most people back home:
Quoted from my Journal November 16, 2008:
"I have offically decided...I'm going on a MISSION! I decided last month and got the ball rolling. I talked with Bro. Cloward (my advisor) and he said leaving next semester would be best. I got my medical exam and my dental stuff in ONE WEEK! I have my paperwork done and had my Bishop interview today. I want to write down why I'm going. I was studying about charity and trying to think about how I could be more charitable. I know I could do more service for people around me but I kept thinking about other things I could do...[it wasn't enough just to make my roommates beds for them] I went to church and during the sacrament I was working it out in my mind how I could legistically go. I realized there were only a couple things holding me back that were of the least importance. For the closing hymn they sang Called to Serve [the talks weren't even on missionary work] and I felt like standing up. I knew I was going to serve and that if I was going to do this I needed to tell someone. I talked to my family that night, my advisor, my roommates and my Bishop. They are all supportive. Everything fell into place and I'm doing this! I want to serve others...I want to learn the real meaning of Charity I want to organize myself so I can really study the gospel, not just READ the Book of Mormon....I want to be better, do better, and live better for myself AND those around me. Ever since I've made the decision to go I haven't been afraid. I'm almost so at peace that is scares me! (just kidding) I'm so stoked and exicted!"

I want you to know that I remember why I came on a mission, what I've learned from my mission, and that I will continue to learn and grow forever! I will NEVER be the same. I know that the Atonment does more than just forgive sins...it changes hearts and makes us become saints! (Mosiah 3:19) I have learned about Charity and I realize it's not something you DO or possess...it possesses YOU! It is a gift from God...and the way we attain that gift is only when we're worthy to recieve it. I don't know if I have recived it or not..but I know that either way I'm a little closer than I was before. I love the gospel and especially my Savior that helps me to be better always!
Love, Sister Page

No comments: