To the Facts!
General Conference: The Saturday morning session we watched with our investigator who is 71 and will be baptized this week!!! She's so cute..her name is Hazel. I was so excited about conference it seems like it goes faster and faster every session! Hazel made us lunch for afterward too...it was fun to spend some time with her when we're just getting to know her too.
Saturday Afternoon we went to the Menloves...they are a family who would do anything for us. They kind of remind me of my family with the Sister Missionaries. So we got some shakes (oh btw I'm back on ice cream..haha..you can see my will power...actually we made a new thing...when our investigator gets baptized we can go back to what we want to eat....right now I'm off chocolate milk until another man gets baptized) ANYWAYS...we got some shakes and watched conference with Sister Menlove...good session. Elder Holland is just such an amazing speaker!
Sunday Morning and Afternoon we went to Mandy's...our recent convert. We were planning on staying just the morning session but she thought we were staying for BOTH and then having dinner. She was really upset that we couldn't stay. So we rearranged our schedule a little and stayed there for both session...which was amazing because they have surround sound! hahaha And then we had easter dinner. Not to mention that they got us an easter basket too. It was so sweet. I love her. I hope hope hope that I can stay in touch with all of the people that I care about so much. I hate that life gets in the way of keeping everyone as close as possible.
Surprise: TRACY CALLED US! I don't know what happened but she called. We were driving home one night and the phone rang I looked at it "TRACY!!!" I exclaim and then answer "hello this is Sister Page" (calmly) She wanted us to come over then next day and pick up where we left off. I didn't ask questions (she hates that) I just said okay and made a time. We went over and just taught as usual...but she will open up as we go along. I wonder what she's searching for...but she DID say she's been praying alot. So the two people (Fred and Tracy) I wrote you about that we "dropped"...well they're back!! I knew it would work out.
Yesterday was one of our investigators birthdays....I don't know if I told you about Brant...but he's awesome. He's 21 (now) and is living in a home made for boys 20 and up that have things to overcome. Yesterday we asked him how he's feeling about the lessons...he says "I was just telling my friend that this is the happiest I've been since I was 13..." Hmm...the gospel of Jesus Christ at work! We sang him happy birthday and made him cupcakes and a card. He kept saying "you didn't have to do that" but if we DID have to to do it wouldn't have made it as special. It was fun...my favorite part of the day. (I do have favorites of everything....haha)
Well I love the gospel and what missionary work does to help everyone we come in contact with!!! It's the best! I do have to mention that Pres Pitts said in his letter this week "I guess we'll just have to extend you for another year. :) wish we could!" I really do love it here.
Love,
Sister Page
No comments:
Post a Comment