Splitting the area also means that we have HALF the investigators we used to have, but I actually think that Buena Vista had more people we were teaching so now Sister Cluff and I are doing a lot of finding! We had our "full area day" (as in we're not in the VC) on Saturday..we had a couple of lessons in the morning but from 1-6 we were walking around looking for people to teach and talking to everyone we saw....and KNOCKING DOORS! Needless to say we were tired by the end of the day. But then we went to our meetings in the morning and talked to the Ward Mission Leaders and they've given us some people to go see and want to keep us busy. :) So now we're finding more people and I think by the end of the transfer this stake will do very well on it's own. Sister Cluff and I are getting along great. We went on exchanges together a couple times and had a lot of fun...now we get to have fun all the time. She's the oldest of 6 and is from Arizona. (My 2nd companion from Arizona)....and she is short with red hair...and she's very animated! It's great.
We met one guy named David he's in his 20's I'd say. His neighbors asked us to go by...so we stopped by and he was about to leave to the store but we talked for a couple minutes. I asked him if he felt close to Jesus Christ he said "oh yeah definitley...I'm catholic" I let him know why we were there..."as missionaries we help people come closer to Christ...we teach people about Him" He said that weekends were the only time and he thought that Sundays were out. We assured him that we could meet on Sunday. We said "we can just start by coming once a week." and he said "I think that would be a great idea." So I have high hopes for him. I think he's been through a lot...he has a daughter that stays with him every other week and a girlfriend that's up and down in the relationship...so hopefully that Gospel of Jesus Christ can help him find some peace and stability in knowing that he is not alone. I'll keep you updated.
Now I'm not teaching Brant anymore but Sis. Mosley keeps updating me....and the story gets better and better as the week went by. The last time they were over he said "I know that after baptism and such they really push for boys to go on a mission. And if I did this I'm not sure I could financially go on one." and Sis. Mosley was like (when she was telling me this story) "HE'S PLANNING OUT HIS MISSION BEFORE HE EVEN WANTS TO GET BAPTIZED!" hahaha I think he will...the spirit has been too strong to deny in the lessons. I'm so excited to see what happeneds. Man...missionary work is the best!
Love,
Sister Page
P.S.If you haven't read King Benjamin's speech for a while...read Mosiah 2-5! AMAZING! So much rich doctrine in there.
No comments:
Post a Comment