What a week....so the question...did I get transfered? Well kind of. THEY SPLIT OUR AREA! We covered two stakes: Buena Vista and Washington. I will now only be serving in Washington and Sis. Mosley will only be serving in Buena Vista! I'm happy about it because we'll have time to meet more people and find more that are ready to hear the gospel. So Sister Mosley and I both have been saying goodbye to people. :( BUT I will miss sister Mosley...it doesn't feel like we've been together for 3 months...SINCE JANUARY! Crazy! I learned so much from her. She taught me many many things. One of her friends in a recent letter described her as having a talent to help people change with out making them feel discouraged. It was so right! I have changed so much for the better because of Sis. Mosley's encouragment not her judgement. You don't have to break someone to make them better. We both are looking forward to the success to follow but it will be weird not to be companions. I have found a friend for life...yet another one.
My new companion? Sister Cluff from Arizona. She served at the VC before but was transfered up north to Payson for just one transfer and now it coming back. We've been on exchanges before and had a lot of fun...so we'll do well this transfer. :) Oh and Sister Mosley is TRAINING! She's getting a greenie...not that I'm surprised...she is amazing..I think she'll train a lot.
So baptism story of the week: Hazel Gonzales (she married a hispanic man...she's not hispanic) she's 71 and was so ready to change! I was proud of her. We got to the baptism early to take pictures and such...well the doors were locked to the building and the Ward Mission Leader wasn't there....so we call him and he said he's coming in like 15 minutes. We asked if he filled the font..."no...I thought 'so and so' was going to do it." So we run around the whole building trying to find a way in...we do and get things started. Hazel and her daughter were there and we sat Hazel down and started setting up chairs. The font was locked and we don't have a key to get it. Maeci (our ride and 21 year old friend who comes out with us all the time) knows someone with a key so she runs to get it. She comes back and we unlock everything connected to the baptistry and get the water started. Well if anyone has filled up the font before you know it takes about an hour to and hour and a half!!!! So we go the kitchen and get pitchers and a huge pot and start filling the pot up in the bathroom. We were in there for 30 minutes when we told them to get started. We stayed for the prayer but then left to keep pouring more water in. All together we were in there for a good hour and a half! WHY DO THEY MAKE IT 6 FEET DEEP! haha (don't worry I know why) So we keep going until the talks are done. We come out all wet...and watch her get baptized...and it was perfect amount of water. Then...after all our hard work...they drained it. hahahaha But it was still a very awesome experience because of the change of heard a 71 year old woman could have. I am amazed that the gospel of Jesus Christ is not closed off to anyone...it's NEVER NEVER too late.
I love this work....Andrew asked me if it's hard to concentrate when I come home in 3 months....no. My theme for myself this transfer is "Be happy that the experience happened not sad that it's over" which means I'm going to be looking for those amazing experiences left on my mission to be had....give it my all so that I won't miss out on the experiences I need to fulfill my mission. I'm greatful I still have 3 months!! I see the sisters and Elders going home this transfer and I'm just happy it's not me yet. When it's time I will be ready...until then...let us reap.
Love,
Sister Page
No comments:
Post a Comment