This week has been amazing.
Remember I told you about Fred....well we got a call on Sunday from our ward mission leader that he wanted to be BAPTIZED! We were fasting for him too...man my testimony of fasting has increased.So we heard this news but not from him. We decided to stop by yesterday and see him. He sat us down and said "I need to make an appointment...to get baptized! Don't fall over." We just wanted to HUG him...but we didn't (it's against our rules as missionaries) but we did shake his hand. Therefore you can see the happy blessings that come from dropping people at times. It made him think and pray!
Yesterday I was thinking about how I haven't seen anyone that I REALLY know come into the VC....someone had just had their best friend randomly stop in so I was thinking about it...then 2 minutes later someone asks me to go up front. And there stands Grandma and Grandpa Allred!!!!!! It was so nice to see them. We talked for a good half hour. They updated me on all the goings on with our dear friends the Allreds and the wedding that will be coming in a couple weeks. :) It was fun to see them...and I got a picture with them.
On Saturday we had three baptisms! The first one was a girl named Mandy McLaws....she had been contacted before but was not ready or interested...but when we came to her door one night she knew it was time. She told us she had been praying for change in her life and then we knocked on her door. The baptism was amazing. Her husband baptized her and we sang a song "if the Savior stood beside me" and then we had a great lunch afterwards at her home. It was really nice. She is someone I'll keep in touch with the rest of my life. I've been thinking about how many people I'm going to have to keep in touch with and such and I'm not sure how my love could be spread so thin but I'm ready to do it because I just LOVE so many people. :)
We also had fourteen year old twins get baptized. They had been taught on and off since they were 8 but now really felt like it was time! It's amazing to a part of something people have waited so long for! I'm excited that they are taking this step in their life. After their baptism we watched the Young Women's broadcast and it was AWESOME! Plllllease if you didn't see it go on lds.org and watch it (if they have it on there...) Pres. Utchdorf's talk in particular was the best...and most direct to the heart. I really want to do the new young womens personal progress sometime....I wonder if 2 months will be enough to do it in...haha probably not...but I could get started.
Another amazingly spiritual week...and another week of Heavenly Father pooring out His blessings and showing me personally how much He loves me. It's interesting the amount of love I feel from Him when I know He loves everyone else as well. But I don't need to totally understand it...I just need to know it's real!
Love,
Sister Page
No comments:
Post a Comment