The weeks are flowing together! I can't remember what happened! I think I'll tell you some of the new people we've found to teach...I'm really excited about it. We found both of them through just walking around...and that doesn't happen TOO much in Utah...it happens it's just rare.
#1. David: we were knocking on the door of a house when I realized we were in the wrong complex...so I told S. Mosley that we needed to go down one street and that we should just walk. She suggested we drive but it was a nice day out and I felt like it was better to walk. We start walking to the next street over and and man yells after us. He says "hey do you know where we could find a babysitter?" and then he saw our tags. "Hey speaking of the Church of Jesus Christ you need to come over to my car and see what my sons reading right now..." so we walk over to meet his 9 year old son David. He's in the car reading a Quad (Bible and BoM)...starting in Genesis! He had all kinds of questions about Adam and Eve and we were explaining a little bit. Then his dad goes "yeah his cousin is getting baptized today just up the road." and we looked at each other "well we have a baptism coming up today...his name is Daxton..he's about your age" and his dad goes "THAT'S HIS COUSIN!!" Crazy....we didn't even know his cousin wasn't a member. So we set up a time to meet and tried to find a babysitter for them but they had already found one. So we'll see him tonight.
#2. (same day) Brant: We had a couple minutes before an appointment and saw some
apartments we'd never been to in a little culd-a-sac that was hidden. So I said we should walk around over there...plus there were already people outside one of the houses. So we go to talk to them. Turns out that particular complex of four apartments is a house for stuggling young adults. We meet Brant. He's 20 and from Ohio...he says he's into religion and then not....kind of on again off again. So we talked to him and another guy who was less active from NC...and we set up a time to come back. We went over yesterday. Brant's roommate Ben was there too. Well we ask him to join us too. (The guy from NC was working and not too interested) We just got to know them better. They are really good guys that just needed some help. S. Mosley (she's very direct) asked "why did you want us to come back?" Brant said "The program we're in requires some kind of spirituality and I've been going to this bible group but I think I just work better one on one...and I want to see what's out there" (paraphrased of course) So we feel like he's really open. Ben was willing to listen and had questions but he's more just curious why we do what we do. Their firsrt question was about why they have girl missionaries because they'd only seen Elders before....so we explained that both of us can go on missions. You know the spirit was there and that people have potential when you can't help but smile after the lesson. We really feel good about both of them.
So those were some ways the Lord really put people into our path to show us where to go. I love the feeling I have when I'm inspired...the Spirit does truly guide. I'm so thankful for that constant companion that we have to be with us...it's yet another reassurance that Heavenly Father does love us and IS aware of us.
Love,
Sister Page
No comments:
Post a Comment