Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Investigator Report from the UPM!

Hello to all! There are times that I cannot remember what happened in the last week so I will go through some of my investigators and update you on there progress. (By the way...transfers are next week so I'll let you know what happens with Sis. Mosley and I next pday...which I'm not sure if it will be on Wednesday. We're both feeling like we're going to stay together...so not too worried)

Mandy McLaws
She has been coffee free for over a week. I was giving up ice cream for the first week to support her and I did it..the day we went to see her I was allowed to eat ice cream again...and I had a shake right before we went to her house and I felt so guilty because she's doing so good on not drinking coffee which is addicting and ice cream is not and I can't even go more than a week. I've decided and committed myself to not eating ice cream for the rest of my mission. Now that's like 5 months! So that will be difficult...especially because I love ice cream...but that's the point. Do do something hard! If Mandy can give up coffee...I can give up ice cream. Then as a reward (because ice cream is NOT against the word of wisdom...) I will have a Chic-Fil-A shake as my break to my ice cream fast. Now that I've declared this to my email world...let it be done! We think of putting her on date as soon as possible...we just need to see about some FLDS background.

Fred Masters
I'm not sure if I told you about him yet....he's in his 60's and he's had many missionaries over the years since his wife joined the church 5 years ago. We've been trying to get him to pray. (He doesn't know that we know...he can't read...so we usually ask his wife and him to read things together) But we want him to pray specifically about Joseph Smith and Book of Mormon. When we come back he doesn't do it. He was "too busy". But he had time to pray about OTHER things. We stopped by last Wednesday night because we felt impressed...and it came up that he was afraid of making such a huge commitment. He doesn't want to do it and then go less active like he sees around him all the time. He's not ready to act. So even if he prayed about these things he probably wouldn't get an answer. We've seen many time the Spirit bear witness to him that what we're talking about it true. Sis. Mosley called him out on it..."we know that not everything has to be prayed about and we can tell you already know that these things are true!" He didn't disagree. He does know. So we thought maybe his biggest feat to overcome and that he's afraid of falling back on is smoking. We taught him the word of wisdom yesterday...and he let us know he has a DESIRE to quit. AMAZING. We feel that once this is over come he'll have a stronger desire for baptism.

Kelli Lester
This is a 19 year old girl who was dating a less active kid...but he's since become active...obviously since they're both meeting with missionaries. She wants to be baptized but they're waiting until they're married for many different reasons. She's one of those people you know that if you had more time and weren't on a mission you'd be good friends with. She's hilarious and her testimony is apparent more and more every time I go see her. She's been taught before I even came into the area but it's cool that I still feel like we're close. She's even asking her little 8 and 7 year old nieces to sit in from time to time. They want to go to church and have so many good questions. It's amazing. Micheala the 8 year old wanted to see a picture of Jesus (they don't know much) and I pointed to one and she goes "oh he's mighty handsome!" hahaha

Well if there's anyone else I've mentioned previous that I haven't talked about in a while let me know, I'll do it. Even people from past areas...because I still ask the missionaries there about how they're doing. You never forget these people you help...it's a bond that indescribable! Much like our Heavenly Father's love for us.
Love, Sister Page

No comments: