Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Can I Count the Ways?

How do I love thee let me count the ways?
I think that is somewhat what Heavenly Father is saying to me and Sis. Mosley! He is showing us how much he loves us and believe me there are too many ways to count! We have been blessed to find so many ready and willing to hear the gospel. Let me briefly go through each one:

Seth Barlow- He is the father of 5 kids and he is not a member. He grew up in a polygamist community but left 14 years ago. Right now his wife is in jail (she's a member) but we don't know all of the details with that. The kids though are so cute! We're teaching all of them but only two are able to be baptized. Daniel (11) and Alice (9) and then when things settle down we'll figure out how to teach Seth on his own. He already has a pretty good knowledge but our lessons will consist of more in depth things that he might have questions on. So we're excited. He made us dinner after our first appointment. He's such a patient person...I don't know how he does it. I have much to learn from him. (In that way he reminds me of Steve Allred... :) )

The Arnold Family- the parents are members (the mom is a convert of about 7 years or so) but they have been LESS ACTIVE for 6 years. Something that happened in Illinois with a Bishop. Not sure of the details there either but the mom wants to come back and we can see a little bit of a desire in the husband (a life long member) but we're hoping to strengthen that desire. They have 4 girls ages 9-15...and they don't know very much about the gospel...so it's starting from square one on a couple things...but I think as they learn they'll feel more comfortable at church. :) They seem really excited so we'll have fun! The dad actually invited us over for dinner as well!

Gina- We've been trying to meet with her for a long time. We would go over and set something up and then we'd go over and she'd want to reschedule. We were wondering how serious she was. But finally we were able to sit down with her and say "Do you want to meet with us?" and she just opened up. She was a drug addict for 12 years and has been 4 years clean. She has a new out look on life and she said "I like when you come around...I know you're good....I know you know what scriptures I should read...I know this gospel is true...no one can tell me that it's not." We are like YESSS but her problem is she feels like she's looked down on because of her past...and she has tattoos and she smokes. So we're going to work with her. She said "don't expect me to be someone I'm not..." Well Gina we can see your potential...so we're not going to force you to do anything we're going to stretch you so be able to gain the blessings of baptism and the gift of the Holy Ghost!

Amazing times in the mission. Sis. Mosley and I hope to stay another transfer together. I'd love to just stay her comp forever...but we'll try not to push it. Missionary work really does bring such great joy! I'm so thankful for the opportunity I've been able to take this time to learn and grow...and stretch!

Love, Sister Page

No comments: