Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Spiritual Guidance

Okay so this week to put a little umph in my email I brought my journal to the library! I mostly brought it with me because of all of the spiritual experiences we had this week that I didn't want to forget to tell everyone about: (LIST TIME!)

#1. Direct from Sister Page's journal account:
 January 27th 2010
Talk about most spiritual transfer ever...it's only been a week and so much personal revelation has poured out upon me than I scarcely have time to write it down! Here is my example and testimony builder of the day: We have to back track a little to show how the Lord prepared us to recieve this revelation. Last night at the VC Sis. Mosley was talking to a girl named Valerie about how she knew she needed to go on a mission. She said, "I didn't aboslutley know until May when I could actually put my papers in...until I could do something about my answer." Interestingly enough that's the same with me...I didn't get my answer about going on a mission until I could actually put my papers in! Then the night before we were pre-setting (introducing) the Joseph Smith Movie to this couple (the man was not a member) and I said "Ask yourself if you know that Joseph Smith was a prophet...and if you know he is...what are you going to do about it?" (just to conclude...the nonmember man was not impressed with the movie and had a hard heart!) So TONIGHT we went on splits and S. Mosley had come back and used those exampled with an investigator (Tim) who doesn't feel like he's getting answers to his prayers...and she said "Tim, no on will recieve answers to prayers UNLESS they're ready to ACT on it!" It is sooo true!!! We might want the answer to our prayers but Heavenly Father is not ready to give it until He knows what we're going to DO with the answer. Amazing! It's like my answer to go on a mission. I didn't recieve my answer for until Heavenly Father KNEW I was ready to accept and act upon it. So S. Mosley asked Tim, "When you pray...if you recieve and answer are you ready to act on it?" Tim never had thought about that. SO POWERFUL...

#2. Zone Conference!
 Febuary 1st 2010
Of course spiritual nourishment there! I looove it. Probably one of the things I will miss MOST about the mission. :) Our scripture theme was D&C 58:27. We talked about free will...agency...and how we can choose liberty and eternal life or capitvity and death. How it's sometimes fogged on which one it which...we don't always see capitivity as a consequence...but that's what Satan wants you to think...that everything is "okay" until BAM...it's too late. We talked about daily repentance! I never really had known how to go about doing that....but Pres. Pitts (LOVE HIM!) said we should review our day and go through all the things we've done and find places we need to thank Heavenly Father for...and places we know we need to improve. I've applied this...and my prayers have not only become more meaningful...but much longer...and it's not repetitious! Try it! I feel so much closer to my Heavenly Father!

#3. Baptisms
January 30th 2010
Okay so I'm not going in order...but you get the idea. We had two baptisms this last weekend. Dausi was 12 years old and had met with missionaries for YEARS. Her mom is not a member but allowed her to get baptized. I wasn't really involved too much because I just came but it was a great day to see her take that step. Steve is the other bapitsm. I got to know him really well because we had daily contact with him the week and a half before his baptism. That's pretty hard to do since we have so much going on...but we did have daily contact. He's 44 and was taught for only a month or so before he was ready to be baptized. He truly had a change of heart. I didn't know him before but I heard about who he was and his attitude and it had totally changed. Every time he thought about his baptism or how the gospel of Jesus Christ has changed him...he'd get a little weepy. He's so happy...he's one of those people that you can see the fruits of your labors with. It's going to be hard when we have to stop teaching him and let him go on his own!

Well that's the spiritual knowledge I gained this week. Heavenly Father never ceases to amaze me. I love Him and how much He cares about me and the work S. Mosley and I doing together in our stakes. This is the best work in the world...I can't wait to be that support for the missionaries when I get back...i'm going to find them 1000 people to teach! haha Love, Sister Page

No comments: