Monday was ZONE CONFERENCE oh how I love zone conference. This one felt different though...I don't know why. Maybe because so many people that I've known my whole mission are leaving at the end of the transfer or maybe because the sujects talked about hit so close to home!
Here's a synopsis of my notes:
Theme Scripture D&C 19:16
"For behold, I God, have suffered these things for all that they might not suffer if they would repent."
Pres. Pitts talked to us and it was focused on the Atonement.
He assured us that Christ individually knows each one of us and can separate each person and their doing when He gave His offering. Read Moses 1:28....if Moses could see the inhabitants of the whole world in just a couple minutes and know each of us individually then the Son of God would be able to as well.
Christ suffered and took pain and sin on Himself for people He KNEW would not accept His sacrifice...because He would never want them to think that He'd condemned them to damnation...it was THEIR choice.
Then we talked about how the there are unconditional and conditional parts to the Atonement and that is did TRULY answer all ends of the law of Justice.
INSERT CHART HERE.
There's alot more notes that I took concerning each thing but it would take too long. It was soooo good.
Then the rest of it was about how the Atonement can CHANGE us and how we can see the CHANGE in ourselves as we go through out our mission. The Atonement is much more than just for our sins it's for our short comings....it can HELP us to change. I feel like I've been doing a lot of changing in the last couple months...not because of anything new I discovered about myself but because I'm READY to make the change and I'm relying on the merits and mercy of Jesus Christ.
It's been an amazing journey to be on my mission and to see the CHANGE come over the people I teach but also myself. I don't want to ever go BACK to being complacent...I want to to forever progress. I love the feeling of that. I'm indebted to my Savior for all of His help. I've been reading about the last part of Christ's life since Zone Conference and I cannot imagine what He even went through and how He allowed so much to happen. I love Him for it. If I were to pick one account to read it would be John....I encourage you to also study the last week of His life. It will change you too.
Love,
Sister Page
No comments:
Post a Comment