SO MUCH TO TELL YOU!
First: We went to 3 sacrament meetings on sunday and bore our testimony in each...but the testimony that stuck out most to me was a 9 year old. 9! He got up and said "my dad made me a little treasure box with pirate skulls on it. I put my most favorite toys in it. I have 2 batmans already but I put other things in there too. But something I realize is that no matter how much I love my toys nothing in that treasure box REALLY matters. The only thing that matters with the gospel, scriptures and our family." HOW AMAZING. Every one mentioned his testimony after that and talked about what they keep in their treasure box! So now I'm asking you...what IS in your treasure box...what's your biggest priority and thing that takes most of your time? Should something be taken out of your treasure box?
Second: Zone Conference was Monday. (Thus my pday was today instead of normal Tuesday...confusing I know) I won't go into what all was said at zone conference but I did bear my final testimony...it was my last zone conference. It's soooo strange. I jsut talked about how I was on a pursuit of Charity my whole mission but I realize that it's something that possesses us not the other way around and it's a LIFE long mission not just a fully time missionary mission. I told myself I wouldn't cry but we all know I did. I've just learned sooo much while I've been here and I don't know how I could have learned the things I needed to any other way. I'm just happy i leave with Pres. and Sister Pitts...it was their last zone conference too down in St. GZ. The mission offically splits July 1st.
Third: Things with Sis. Schoppa are amazing. I'm my crazy goofy self and she laughs at it. I love her. We're getting along great. The hard thing right now is our area. We're not consistantly teaching people as much. We are definitley looking for new investigators. I want to get enough so that she can have a great next transfer.
Fourth: I saw Kim DeRyke "Stapley" at the VC. OH man I love her. We talked for an HOUR! Me, her and her hubby. I can tell what kind of missionary she was and it would have been awesome to be companions...even though that was NEVER a possibility since she served in Charlotte. We switch places basically. But her hubby is a huge redsox fan. It's awesome. And she gave me ideas for planners when I get home. I might get a planner or I might just use my phone to plan out my day...depending on the phone I have and if I know how to use it. haha But it was great to see her....definitley a highlight of the week. And she wants my mom and I to stop by in Cedar City on the way down from Provo. (it's like 45 mins away from St. GZ) So yeah...that would be awesome. So many places to go and so little time. I want to plan things but I can't because I don't know the time frame for everything. I'll let it work itself out because I have other things to do.
Oh and shout out to the Fischer's -a couple went up to visit the mission president in the Billings Mission because they're good friends and had nothing but amazing things to say about the mission up there! They talked about how awesome the missionaries they met were. I don't know if Colton was there but if they met amazing missionaries I'm sure he was one of them.
Love,
Sister Page
No comments:
Post a Comment