Honestly, the mission is like a roller coaster. Each and every day is like a roller coaster. We could be on cloud 9 at one point and down on the ground in another point of the day. I've gotten used to this on my mission but it's hard when there's not as many cloud 9 moments. Things are pretty hard in our area right now. We're giving it our all. I've never never struggled this much in an area before. It feels like the peoples hearts are just hard. They don't want to listen. It's amazing to see the growth I have made on my mission though. I have never been the best at going up to peoples doors and knowing what to talk about....honestly I've been pretty awkward. But I'm different now. I talk and help them understand who we are and why we're here and share a principle at every door...which is something I didn't master until last transfer with Sister Cluff. It's amazing how the Lord molds and shapes us. To quote a song from "wicked" the musical: "Something has changed with in me something is not the same I'm through with playing by the rules of someone else's game. To late for second glances to late to go back to sleep it's time I trust my instincts, take a breath and leap. It's time to try defying gravity." So we are looking for new ways to help people come closer to Christ. We're not going to let Satan win the hearts of these people. We're going to keep working until we can't work any more.
Some good things are that Izzie a 9 year old we're teaching is doing really well. She went to church on Sunday and she reads EVERYTHING we tell her too. She's so cute. And even Tracy went to church who we haven't seen in a while but she's been sick so we haven't been able to teach her but we stop by to see how she's doing. So there are some good people we're working with. We went and visited the Bishops on sunday and they were really nice and wanting to help us but I don't know if they completely understand that we need help....it really can't just be the missionaries. The members are so vital in helping in finding. It's not just about going out with the missionaries its about BEING a missionary and saying "hey I have a friend that would like you to teach them." Music to our ears. Knowing that they're truly prepared.
Well that's all folks. I'm not sure I'll email next week because we're going to the Grand Canyon and it's an all day event but we'll see if we can still make it to emails.
Love,
Sister Page
No comments:
Post a Comment