Monday, August 09, 2010

Miss the Most

I have found there are funny things I miss about the mission this week:
  • always having someone riding in the car with me.
  • crazy appointments that don't go as planned at all
  • eating and then finding out there's more food at the next house you're at.
  • always being ready at the same time everyday so you don't have to get ready right before you want to go somewhere...
  • personal study set aside!
  • believe it or not having someone back me up...haha
These things are small but I love that they remind me of my mission...it doesn't seem as much of a dream as before...it's slowly coming back. It's interesting because when I first went on my mission my pre-mission life seemed like a dream and I had a hard time remembering some of the experiences that I had to relate to the people I was teaching...so I had my mom send one of my old journals to help me. I guess it's the same whenever you're adjusting you just have to recall and relive and retell experiences to remember them and keep them alive and I think that's why so many returned missionaries talk about their mission so much. I know some people get annoyed with the "when I was on my mission" jargon but now I understand it...we just want to remember that those months of intense spirituality actually happened...and that they changed us. I love to talk about the mission but describing it in such a broad since is impossible.

Well I've been reconnecting with people and trying to keep in touch with those who I became close with on my mission. It's been partially successful because there's really not enough time in the day to really sufficiently talk to all the people and relive all the experiences that we've had in the last 18 months but it's fun to try. ;)

I've been thinking I need to think of some new hobbies to develop. Of course while I don't have much responsibility I'm looking for things to develop but I know once school starts I'll be super busy I won't have time to think about what hobbies I want to develop. I guess hobbies fill in the cracks of the busy life. Something that doesn't feel like a chore. So I went to this women's conference and they showed us how to do come canning of meats, fruit, and veggies. I was actually interested in it and I think I want to develop that.
List Time:
  • canning
  • writing (which I've said before but I think I can count this blog as a hobby and also my journal but both can definitely be improved. But also writing my novel)
  • service projects for local charities and foundations. We made some baby burp cloths for less fortunate mothers and it turned out they didn't have much support so I want to find out more things like that and just get things going!
  • now here's the time that I want suggestions....I just want more things to try and see what I am not only good at but enjoy. :)
So there you have it. My life is going great. School is coming soon...I'm excited and stressed. But all is good.

4 comments:

Sis Henry said...

AWESOME BLOG!!! I LOVE reading it!!!!! Remember the day at the VC when SIster Foy told you to get a pen and paper and just write - and you did??? Not only was it GREAT it gave you the start you needed!!! I can't wait to proof read your book for you (hint, hint! LOL)

Thanks for doing a blog!!!

LOTS of LOVE,
Sister Henry

Me said...

It will be fun following your blog again...kind of like a missionary letter. :) It has been so fun having you here for the summer...gonna be super hard to let you and Arin venture off on your road trip out to Idaho...but you will be fine. You amaze me! Keep on writing. I love you!!!
Mom

Jared and Brielle Rucks said...

so glad you have your blog up and running again!

Unknown said...

I have enjoyed reading your blog posts and hope we can be blog buddies so I can follow you thru your un adventures in Idaho. Now just tell Arin to make one too. :):)
As for trying out new hobbies, I think you should try to learn to sew. So many women I meet these days wish they had learned to sew. I think it comes in so handy especially when you have a family one day. Just sayin'. :) Canning foods is also a fantastic thing to learn, which I hardly know anything about. So make sure as you learn new stuff, to post it. :):) hugs my friend.