Preschool Practicum: (practicum just means practice just in case you didn't get that) I get to teach preschool for two weeks (not consecutively) and I already finished one of the weeks. Let me tell you that was one of the most stressful weeks of my life, I shed a few tears due to the stress. I just felt like I didn't know what I was doing. I learned so much in that week...but I also learned that I loved to teach and really could see myself actually doing this! It's great to be reassured that this is what I want to do.
Acting I: SO FUN! This is my escape from everything! I wanted to take this class to learn more about myself and really express myself in different ways...and it really has taught me just that! I am now putting my acting skills to practice by working with a directing student on a scene of her choice. It's from a play called Blithe Spirit and I play the dead wife of a guy name Charles, who has since remarried and I have come back and only he can see me. So he's trying to convince his current wife that I am there and talking to him. CRAZY!
Scripture Study Skills: My favorite class. I have learned SO many things....the most basic thing that has helped me is being able to determine what is doctrine. I know is sounds ridiculous because I went on a mission and everything but I really didn't know what doctrine truly was. It just never dawned on me to research what people meant when they said doctrine. I didn't know it was different from a principle! It makes so much sense. It was amazing to figure out just those two things (which is the first thing we learned in the class). But we've gone into other things too and some things I already know how to do but it's just laziness, but when you actually do the things you've been taught scripture study becomes alive and you won't want to stop! Man...I love the gospel.
Science Methods: It's basically teaching me how to teach science to my students. It's a lot harder to teach science to kindergarten than anyone else because you have to make it so basic. Lesson plans are due in this class too. They are different than the ones I have for preschool, not SO hard core but still when it's not consistent it makes me happy when I can make my own lesson plans the way I'd like to...if that even happens.
I'm starting another class on Tuesday...it's just half a semester and I heard it's pretty easy. So things are good...just busy. I am FHE mom, Relief Society Humanitarian Specialist, have a social life, try to go to the temple once a week (that goal has been every 2 weeks but I'm striving to be better), and work.
Oh work! I'm a TA for a teacher at the college. She teaches Toddler Lab (which I'll be taking in the Spring) and she is amazing. We work well together and I'm getting her routines down...we've already talked about rehiring me for next semester. :) I really have seen how much my Heavenly Father loves me in so many ways; the people He's put into my life, the job, the school, my family, and more....I just don't know how I could show my gratitude for what Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ have done for me.
You Can Be Happy if You Let Yourself Be,
Arica
No comments:
Post a Comment