Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Besties & Thanksgiving Plans

First WATCH this video...it's so funny. I was reminded of it I as wrote my post title!



I guess I need to let myself be heard after my long absence. :) Today I officially signed the last document to finish my student teaching! I received my summative evaluation from my cooperating teacher and my supervisor...on a scale from 1-4 I was given all 4s on my performance! WOOT! I feel like I worked really hard and that it paid off.

Thanksgiving is going to be nontraditional for me this year. I have been spending all of my thanksgivings (mission aside) at the Hegerhorst farm. Even when my friend Emily was on her mission I still went over. It has become home away from home! So I planned on going there the whole time I was living here. Alas, it cannot happen. I am driving back to North Carolina the day after the big Turkey Day! Ashleigh my older sister, is coming out to drive with me. She has a small window of opportunity to do this because of school. SO we looked at tickets and it looks like TG is the best day to fly out on. She'll come in around 2:30 and spend the rest of Thanksgiving with us, then we'll drive in the morning. No farm this year. :(...   It is sad because I really do love that family away from family. While I feel bad about that I still I can't begin to tell you how excited I am for thanksgiving because....three of my besties are coming down from Rexburg! Arin, Kristin, and Valerie! They will be here Wednesday! Plus, a Shumway thanksgiving has GOT to be fun in and of it's self.

Anyways, my besties and I just skyped tonight because we can hardly wait to hang out again. I truly love skype! I used to be against it because I figure why not just talk on the phone but my heart was softened. You can talk to more people on skype and feel like you're in the room with them. I love it. Still not the same as being there but 2nd best.

I feel so accomplished. I'm actually graduating and moving on with my life. It's an interesting feeling but I'm excited for it. Now all I need to do is pack. I want that to be done by itself. I hope I can fit everything in my car....I'll be sure to document the trip home. Ashleigh and I are going to have a blast! I'm making cds, collecting good books, and getting my camera ready! This trip should go down in HISSStory.

Name the Movie Quote of the Week:
"Not her and I "us"....YOU and ME "us"!"

Happiness Runs,
Arica


1 comment:

Kristin Havron said...

It was so great to see you, and sad that I will not be so close to you anymore, but distance to true friendship is not far away! :) I love you Arica!!!