Tuesday, November 29, 2011

GO SHUM!

This post is dedicated to the Shumway Family. I am so thankful for them. I can never repay or every forget the Christlike service they provided for me. I love them like my family and will always consider them that way. We had some great times and a lot of laughs.

We had some friends come and stay with us while I stayed with the Shumways. Kyall is from Australia and Glenn is from England. They stayed for 2 and a 1/2 weeks on holiday.
They were fun to have around and invited me to come with them one night to an arcade called Nickel City. SO much fun but Kyall (who I had an alliance with) got most of the tickets for our team. I thought all of the prizes looked like junk so I let him pick for me. He chose a potato gun. I had never done a potato gun before and wasn't sure how to work it so this is what happened. (This is for YOU Diane!)

Tanner was kind enough to show me the way it's supposed to work:
BHAHAHAHAHA! Yeah...I learned a lot.

Speaking of Tanner. We had a lot of fun together. We HAD fun but we also MADE fun. It was a love/tease relationship. :) We'd...ehem...help entertain each other during church, watched Jim Gaffigan together (BACON!), and he'd school me on the Wii. He'd always beat me at things because he can't take losing which is good since he plays sports. Either way we had fun.

That pretty much sums us up! OH except this one other picture. Glenn's sister came from England as well, for thanksgiving. We went out to dinner and this just happened. :)
He was so embarrassed. Oh I love that kid. 

Loren and Diane were great listeners. I'm sure Loren got the idea of what it would be like to have a daughter. 
Loren or Diane: "How was school?" 

Me: "OH my gosh...blah blah blah! etc." 

But they'd smile and nod. :) They'd also give good advice. I love that while they considered me their daughter...they also treated me like a friend. I could talk to them about anything. 
I loved going to football games and other family outings with them. It was such a blast! 
My love and gratitude can not be more expressed. Thank you a million times over. :) 

Love,
Arica Page
(Sister Page)


1 comment:

deedlebug said...

The feeling is mutual...we love you and you will always be welcome in our home....anytime!!!