I love mission friendships because I realized I can just pick up where we left off and go with it. I also love that no matter how long it's been since I've talked to one of my mission friends they are willing to catch up with out it being awkward. With that in mind, Liz Harwood came into town this past weekend and stayed with me. It was like we had been companions yesterday. While we did talk about our mission, I'm SO thankful we are able to become friends outside of that. We talked about everything and it was never a dull moment. She pulled up right as I pulled in from work, and I received a hug from one of the best huggers!
We hung out that night and stayed up late. On the mission I knew Liz to be very tired by the end of the day so I assumed she'd want her sleep. We stayed up past 1am! Then the next day she went to Greensboro for some graduate school stuff and I went to work. It was good that we were both busy the whole day or one of us would have been bored. She came back to my house and we went to Fudruckers per her request. Then we went to the cheap theater and saw "Sherlock Holmes" the new one. It was good to see...at the cheap theater. We had decided to go to bed early that night but our movie got out at 11:30 and then we came home and talked again until...12:30 am. It was worth it though.
We had a full schedule for the next day but decided to take it easy and cut some things out. We did go to the temple though! It was so good! I am trying to go the temple once a month at the LEAST, so I got my February trip just in time.
We got back to Charlotte and I had stake conference. Liz had done a lot of driving the past 48 hours, so she was tired. I didn't blame her when she decided to stay home while I went to my meetings. Then we didn't stay up as late this night but we were still very tired.
The next day we went to church, fed her some yummy roast, and she went back home. She has a big decision to make about graduate school but I think no matter where she goes we'll always be friends and I'll always have a reason to visit. :)

1 comment:
Uh duh! :D About always being friends...it was a blast. Repeat soon!?
Post a Comment