Short short update. I have been busy...really! The days of sitting around watching the Olympics, Baseball, and Football in one day are pretty much over. I have been working for The Cyzner Institute, a school for students with special needs. I have learned a lot in the last couple of months. I was able to stay on for the summer program doing their camp for the younger children. I asked them before the 4th of July break about me staying on in the fall and being a Teacher's Assistant for these same younger students under a wonderful veteran teacher who I'd learn so much from. They agreed and said I'd most likely be doing just that.
A day before teacher training came they asked me to take over an older class. They asked me to be a teacher. I prayed about it, pondered, and felt like I needed to do some stretching. I accepted the position. I have been in teacher training the last week or so and tomorrow is our complete first day. I feel a lot of responsibility about this...and I'm kind of overwhelmed. But I think in a couple months I'll have the hang of this thing. I'm so thankful for my education and my student teaching.
Running in a Circle,
Arica
No comments:
Post a Comment