Let's go back to February when my the parent of my student (Will) was talking to me about summer plans. His mother wanted to know if someone would be interested in watching Will from 1-5 after day camp. I immediately knew it was something I wanted to do. We hashed out the details and then we finally told Will this would be happening. He was stoked. (He even has a shirt that says that very word.) Then we started making all kinds of plans for this summer and guess what, this kid hold true to his word.
We've also gone on adventures! Will mentioned he wanted to get a smoothie, I was totally down for that, so we went to Smoothie King and the walked around the shopping center. He mentioned to me that there was "treasure" by a lamp post. I told him to lead the way and show me what he was talking about. We went up to a random light post in the parking lot and he lifted the cover on the bottom and a pill bottle drops out. I'm thinking 'DON'T TOUCH THAT! RANDOM PILLS!?! HOW DOES HE KNOW ABOUT THIS!' But before I voice any of this, I see that its an official Geocaching Game Piece. Inside the bottle is papers filled with peoples names who have found it. Will showed me where him and his sister had written their names. It was pretty cool to see and made me wonder where other things like this were hidden. So we found treasure, he knew what he was talking about.
Another thing I discovered about Will these last couple of weeks is that he knows directions so well. If you asked him to get a place he's familiar he could direct you right to that place. He needed a haircut so he directed me to his normal barber shop. I needed to get some bread and he directed me to his neighborhood Food Lion. This kid has it down.
Will has discovered things about me as well. He came to my house, found out we have two Wiis, a lot of movies he approves of, and apple juice. He helped me cook dinner for me and my roommate one night and came back over another day to play some games on the Wii. Watching him play "Starwars: The Force Unleashed" is probably one of the funniest, cutest things I've seen him do.
Will and I just jam. We jam in the car on the way to every place and I set up his very own playlist on Spotify. Mostly we listen to the main title song from Superman The Movie. I heard it at least once a day. The best songs we've jammed to are from High School Musical 2. We both know all the words and it's amazing. Plus, we have car dance moves that we do with each song.
My favorite picture of Will.
He loves catching "lizzies" when we can find them.
Funny quote: As I was watching him a little later than usual this week, I asked him if he had a bedtime and he said "It's like on High School Musical 2." I believe only I would have gotten that because there's a lyric in one of the songs that says 'We can stay up as late as we want to...' HI-LARIOUS!
More Will stories and adventures to come,
Arica
No comments:
Post a Comment