How? I slowly but surely chip away at their shuttering shyness, their introverted independence, or their stern stubbornness. I bide my time and then…BOOM…they suddenly tell me their life story and all of their feelings. Oh the feels!
It reminds me of this from Parks and Rec:
(Let's hope not…)
Or a good ole quote from The Office: (I can't find a video!! Grr)
"Every success I've ever had at my job or with the lady-folk has
come from my ability to slowly and painfully wear someone down." ~Andy Bernard
Why are you still reading this???
Why listen to Arica talk about how wonderful she is at making friends???
BECAUSE I'VE LEARNED SOMETHING! Stay tuned…
It's been proven time and time again, that people of this very nature are amazing. (See it's not all about me.) They are! Here's why they are amazing…it's because not many people know them very well…they wait and wait until someone takes the time to dig deep enough to get what I'd like to call...the magic. The magic…being themselves; their personality, their humor, their weirdness…THE MAGIC. Most people miss out on the magic by taking things at face value.
We all have the magic but we all show it differently. It's not bad that I'm a little more outspoken, loud, openly funny, or even that I'll kindly but honestly tell the waitress my food was wrong. My magic is a little more out there. Is that all there is to me though? Because I express myself openly is that how deep I am?
ABSOLUTELY…..NOT!
The moral of my story is this: People have more to them than what you see.
The movie/book Flipped has this same message, when this quote is said a father is telling his daughter about painting…later the protagonist tells of how we can relate this to people.
“A painting is more than the sum of its parts,' he would tell me, and then go on to explain how the cow by itself is just a cow, and the meadow by itself is just grass and flowers, and the sun peeking through the trees is just a beam of light, but put them all together and you've got magic.” ― Wendelin Van Draanen, Flipped
All people, introvert and extroverts alike, are more than the sum of their parts.
Just a reminder.
No comments:
Post a Comment