My advisor actually teaches this class and he's really smart about this kind of stuff. I'm happy that I am actually diving into disabilities that I will deal with in Special Education. It's a very very challenging class but I have gotten a lot of stuff done because it's the beginning of the semester. I have been in a wheelchair, had vision impairments, was deaf last sunday, stuttered to a complete stranger and volunteered at a center for adults with disabilities for 6 hours. I have a test on Monday and we have to pass with an 86% to get an A if we don't pass then we take it again and we have to get an 86% again to get an A- and so on....he wants us to master the stuff so I understand why but it's SO MUCH WORK!
Physical Science:
This class is a freshman level course, I could have taken it my first semester but I held off. I'm glad I did because they switched the lab from 2 hours to 1 hour. We have an hour for lecture and then the next hour is lab. I have made some AMAZING friends in this class. I'm kind of sad because one is leaving next semester for student teaching in Arizona but I'm sure we'll stay friends. My teacher is so funny! Seriously I'm basically rolling out of my chair...it's just little things that I can imagine my mom or dad saying....it's awesome.
Literacy 2:
I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be learning in this class...I have the sweetest teacher but I get lost on why we're learning certain things. I guess it will make sense in time. It's not my favorite class...
Child 230- Preschool Curriculum:
I actually enjoy this class. I'm learning a lot of cool things for my future career and how I can apply them. I tend to get sleepy during this class but it's not because I don't like it. I have a resource file that I have to do...basically putting together a file of stuff I can use when I start to teach. It's going to be really helpful but so much work. I've started on gathering stuff but I need to keep my eye out for more things. I'm hoping to get it done BEFORE Thanksgiving so that I can enjoy the holiday at the Hegerhorst farm.
Math 206:
I used to love math...and even enjoy it....but I just don't have a desire anymore. It's not that I don't understand it...it's the teachers! Seriously..it's hard to find good math teachers. I always get frustrated with my teachers...I get my homework done and I feel prepared for class only to get there and find out there was something I wasn't aware of due. He has the assignments on two different pages so I forget to look at the second one...I like to look at one thing to see what I need to accomplish...obviously he doesn't see it that way. He's been understanding and I am happy to say that I'm caught up and that I'm sure things are going to go better now because I wrote the other assignments onto the same sheet! WOOHOO!
Social Studies Methods:
I like S.S. and the class is pretty interesting...but it's hard to get motivated to do stuff at 7:45 in the morning. I have a couple of good friends in this class too....I love making new friends...and there are some cool projects that seem fun....I have to plan a whole unit with my project group but I think we're going about it in a good way and splitting it up evenly.
These are my classes...and I think things are going well...but I need to go so I can get stuff done before General Conference! (which by the way I'm excited about...I love getting new information from our leaders...) Next post will be more exciting and maybe a little less informational.
No comments:
Post a Comment