Friday, February 13, 2009

Changes

This week has been very different. All of the people from my district left except three who are in the Vistor Center training with me. Our schedule changed so we have Prep-Day on friday this week...but not next friday because by then I'll be in the field!! WOOT! I'm excited. But I said goodbye to my first companion Sis. Mangum and all of our Elders. It was just different with out them at lunch, dinner, in class...we started out our missions together and were together for like 12 hours a day for three weeks...how could we NOT get close! It really was a great learning experience with all of them and I know we'll be great friends after the mission. We plan on staying in touch...I certainly hope so. The experience of saying goodbye to people I've known for only three weeks but still have so much love for has given me a glimpse of the people I'll be teaching and how my love for them will grown at maybe an even faster pace! I am learning to love everyone no matter who they are...if you have the Spirit with you, you can't help but love everyone. I gave my first "tour" last night (it was for volunteers from BYU...) but it was amazing what you can learn just from experience. We did it twice and the second time I could just feel the Holy Ghost bear witness to what I was saying and that I was teaching by the Spirit. My new teachers are great...both are sisters and bring such a unique personality to the class...but they both know what we need to hear and when we need to hear it. It would be awesome to work here after the mission...though I'm still partial to BYU-Idaho..and I make that known. Since starting Vistor Center training I'm in a threesome with Sis. Mix and Sis. Stafford...who were in my district before...they're awesome and have been a great transition into new things. Tomorrow we get to go to Temple Square and be paired up with some sister missionaries there and ACTUALLY teach...just to get a feel for vistor centers and such...THAT will be interesting...I wonder if I'll see anyone I know. Something I learned this week is that everything changes...and that's a good thing because if things didn't change we couldn't progress. I have faith that what ever happends it's all about the Lord and His timing...it's not about me and my wants! I love this work. Share our message with everyone...what a marvelous message it is! I love you! :)

Love, Sister Page

ps. Elder Shaw and I are TRYING to find a time to get a picture together but haven't worked it out yet...I'll send a copy of it home if I do! :)

No comments: