This week was kind of slow. We have run out of referrals and are looking for people to teach. (We've just contacted all of the referrals we've gotten...so yeah we're working it's just keeping a balance of referrals and contacts) We have plenty in our teaching pool but not enough to keep us busy all day...and we even see our investigators multiple times a week! We are planning on just knocking out subdivisions...like most missionaries do...it's just weird because we don't do it that often in the UPM.
In spite of the no referrals...we did have two baptisms. They were both 9 year olds...one was a boy named Bracken who has such great faith that he's even an example to me, and a girl named Chloe who came to understand the power of prayer and followed the promptings to get baptized. They both went well and the Spirit was very present. Chloe came up after she recieved the Holy Ghost and said, "I felt a tingle go through my whole body!" Hmmmm...makes me happy.
We have a couple of people getting ready for baptism too. I'm super stoked for them. I love teaching the gospel and helping them come unto Christ and make those covenants with Him by entering the waters of baptism.
I got a couple of really awesome letters/parcels. One was from Staci Place (one of my awesome roommates)..yes Aci if you will. She wrote me and told me that....she's going on a mission!! So maybe you know that already but it was awesome to hear! She's working on her papers right now! Sooo cool. (Staci I hope you don't mind me telling people haha) Anyways so I'm super stoked about that. AND she sent me a cd...which had some great songs that I didn't have before. Thanks.
My parents also sent me two packages...with a tape in it. YaY! It didn't matter that the tape was from April...or that I knew most of the stuff that went on...I loved it. (hopefully you're working on a new one for me...haha) It also included my RedSox hoodie which I can't believe I was living with out...that was a treasure to find. And many other things. Thanks fam!! It's awesome to get awesome mail.
All in all things are going great. We're keeping the faith and working hard. We have hope that we will find more people to teach this week and remain positive that Heavenly Father is preparing people to hear the Gospel. I love the good news we have. Jesus Christ loves us so much that He was willing to subject Himself to what we go through so that He could better understand us. I love Him for it. (Alma 7:11-16) What a merciful and gracious act! :)
Love,
Sister Page
No comments:
Post a Comment