ZONE CONFERENCE! YAAAAAAY! I love it. It was Pres. Pitts first Zone Conference and it was amazing. We had theme talks (this transfers theme scripture was Ether 12:27) and I was called on to speak. This was my second one in a row...lucky. It's like when I really have something to say I'm picked. haha (You never know who they're going to call) anyways that was fun. Every one elses talk was good too. Then Pres.Pitts talked to us about grace and how there are three different parts to the Atonement.
1. the resurrection
2. grace over the fall
3. grace we recieve in our day to day life
If you define grace as divine help or strength it just makes sense. The whole thing was awesome...and something I truly needed to understand. We had an investigator that didn't believe we believed in grace...when in fact that's the ONLY way we're saved. And so it goes to show Pres. Pitts is an inspired man.
Sis. Pitts told us their conversion story and how they're still in touch with their sister missionaries that came to their door. Well one of them was an older sister in her 70's so she's passed on now so they're in contact with the younger one. She was so surprised...she kept thinking WHO KNEW that these people who I helped could become a bishop, area 70 or a mission president! That will be so cool when I can look back to my investigators and see how far they've come. And not that they have to become someone high up in the church but to know they have that ability!!!!
Elder Richardson (one of the AP's) gave a great talk about how our purpose as a missionary is to change. Not only to change the lives of others but to change yourself. He said there came a time in the MTC where he noticed there were two people he was dealing with Drew (his first name) and Elder Richardson. He said, "One day I knew that Drew had to leave". I thought was profound...and kind of creepy how everyone knew what I was thinking. Anyways...when I was in the MTC I thought the same thing because I was afraid of coming back after my mission as Arica...and that is something I didn't want. I don't want to merely be Arica anymore...(if we're talking about the natural man...ofcourse I love my name and I want to be called that) but I wanted Sister Page to take over (or to become like a Saint through the Atonement of Christ) I wasn't a horrible person before but I know there are things I needed to work on and being Arica I couldn't progress any further. What an amazing talk. I know my mission will change me...and it already has...but I'm just now seeing the effects of that. When I focus on others more the change just becomes natural. People ask why I came on a mission and to sum things up I say "I wanted to learn more about Charity." The fact is no one can posses charity...it posesses us! The cool thing about the Christlike attributes is that they are things that we can become not just do. I can do more charitable things but I'd rather have people describe me as a charitable person. And it goes that way with all of them. There's so much more we can become instead of just do....I want to become Sister Page. :)
I hope that made sense!
Well...time is running short but I wanted to say I went to the Mt. Timpanogas Temple and it was BEAUTIFUL. Totally gorgeous. My district and I went and then took pictures outside...though we had to dodge all of the brides...there were so many. haha But we got someone from a wedding party to take pictures of us. :)
Also, we are starting to teach Micheal (Scott's little brother) he finally admited to wanting to know more. teehee..I knew it.
Love you all!
Love,
Sister Page
No comments:
Post a Comment