Monday, July 06, 2009

Mission Business

There are many matters of mission business that I have yet to discuss with you. I was in the process of figuring out my area and such that I forgot to inform you that we said goodbye to our mission president...offically and have offically met our new one. So President and Sister Brown went home and the following week we met President and Sister Pitts. Pretty fast transition...BUT it was a good one. I got a picture with Pres. and Sister Brown and will always remember them as amazing leaders and basically the people who helped me adjust to mission life. I don't know how people do it but they made me feel like the most important person every time they talked to me...which I imagine a quality our Savior has. Pres. and Sister Pitts are from NY...I'm not sure where in there but I'm not to good with NY geography! They are the first UPM Presidents from the East Coast. Pretty cool huh? They both joined the church after they were married and raised their family in the gospel. Something that I realized is that neither of them have served a mission before (their kids have) but this is pretty new to them. I think it's awesome that we have a convert for a mission president...it will help in ways I can only imagine being amazing. :) We all had individual meetings with each of them...they were only about 4 mins long but they were awesome. Sis. Pitts is an RN and will be a great help when missionaries are sick. Pres. Pitts when we walked into the room we were using asked to kneel down in prayer before we started. Super impressed. So we prayed and then he asked a little about me...and I could tell he really really wanted to know...not just the facts "where you're from" and so on...but he wanted to know Sister Page. Then he asked a question that I wasn't really expecting. "What do you like most about Sister Harwood?" I thought about it...I had to sift through all I liked and pick one. I said "she cares about every person she meets...her whole heart goes out to the people." As I have come to know her on a companion level I have come to love her even more. I have found that we have great respect for each other and are willing to change this or that to combine how we each do things. Plus we have so many same interests...it's nice. So back to Pres. Pitts: so then we talked about where I had just come from and how I'm adjusting to full proselyting. Even since that interview my views on full proselyting have changed. I looooove it. I love having time to visit everyone we need to, I love that we can take the time we need for studies, I love that we can go home for lunch every day and don't need to go to freebies that we have in the area (sure it's free but it comes with a price...gaining weight!). I just love it. I love that we have dinner appointments every night and get to know the wards we serve in better. SOOO to sum up...I'm ready to stay in Traverse Mountain as long as they need me.

Another fact of mission business...was the 4th of July parade held in Provo. Us and all of the zone leaders and a couple other zones were asked to march. It was cool to see some of my friends again...though I guess it hadn't been that long...BUT I got to see my first district leader (who I haven't seen since my first transfer) and we talked about Hurricane...it was weird because he couldn't remember a lot of the people...and honestly I'm scared that will happen to me. eek! But it was good to see Elder DizDIz again. So we finally started walking. And all of the little kids put their hands out and we'd go and high five them...and then we'd wave and the crowd would cheer. It was the weirdest thing I've ever felt. Let me tell you I don't think I would ever be cut out for celebrity status. haha People would scream "YEEEAH SISTER MISSIONARIES!" haha Every time I saw a boston hat or shirt I'd say "Nice Shirt..." haha it was really funny when a little kid wearing a RedSox tshirt came into the street and just hugged me. I don't even know who it was or anything...and I was like "oh...um...thanks." How did he know I loved the RedSox?? Also...Jeffrey R. Holland was in the crowd..of course in a roped off part of the crowd. One of the sisters got a picture of him. Coolness. I took a couple videos...so maybe I caught him in it. So that was about 45 mins long and it was hot...and I was sweaty and I I got...sunburned. But ofcourse the missionary sunburn...just the face, neck, and arms. haha It's not too bad.

Well last night we taught Jesse (the boy I was telling you about). We went to Scott's house and taught. Chris was there too. So we have the three boys about 16-18 and us sisters. We then taught the Plan of Salvation but then Scott's little brother (Micheal) who is not a member...yet..came in and kept asking random questions. He's interested but doesn't want to act like he is. We're praying he comes around. But the lesson went as well as you can imagine with four boys...there were a lot of distractions and we had to keep getting them focused again...though we couldn't help but laugh as we did it. I don't know if Jesse is that interested but I know he's looking for answers right now...but he's not willing to open up yet...not that he has to spill his life story but to understand where's he's coming from. I think he's keeping us at arms length...but he does still reschedule with us so that is a good sign. Sister Harwood and I have a good feeling about him...so we'll see. The area is progressing...we are recieving answers to our prayers like we couldn't expect. I know Heavenly Father hears me and knows what I need and when I need it. Sometimes it's hard for me to imagine He loves me and everyone else that has lived, lives, and has yet to live...but it doesn't matter because with the knowledge that He loves me...I can help others know of that same truth for themselves.

Love, Sister Page

Read Matthew 5...sermon on the mount....AMAZZAZING!

No comments: