Yes my friends I cover 3 stakes. It's not so big a deal because I've heard of others covering more. BUT it is taking some adjusting. This week has been just...I don't know how to describe it. I went from knowing every street in Hurricane and who to call and if we needed work I knew how to get it. I feel like I started my whole mission over. haha I hope every new area isn't like that...but it probably is. Everyone just does things a little differently so that takes some getting used to as well.
Last transfer this area lost like 4-5 investigators (some were exchange students that went home) and some got baptized so we are really trying to find new people to teach. We are really working with leadership and just parking the car and knocking doors. I did in fact go to the Holmes' who I will be eating with next week..haha...that's awesome. Who knew!!! But they were able to help us out and give us some people to go by...they actually have a lot of work in their ward! It was really good to see them! I hadn't realized how long it had been. So yesterday we started down the street. We didn't meet anyone who was really wanting to learn more or anything but at least we know that now...and I felt like we were working hard. We stopped by the Bishop's house and I think that will help. We want to show everyone we are willing to work and that we want to teach people! (we didn't even finish the whole street so we'll have to go back anyways) It's been probably the most frustrating week of my mission...I've never felt like that before. I just felt helpless because I don't know anything and I don't feel like I can help. It will come I know it.
We did get a referral from another nice sister and we went by yesterday. We know that the parents are less active but will let the kids decide for themselves. So we knocked on the door and this 17 year old boy named Jesse answered. He went to a baptism of a friend of his last week (this friend is named Scott for future reference) and remembered Sis. Harwood. We talked to him a little more and I asked "so are you a member of the church?" he said, "actually no." Then he said he believes in God but doesn't really practice anything. So I testified that there's a prophet on the earth today and how we don't have to be confused by the many denominations. And he said....HE'D LIKE TO LEARN MORE! We found someone...I have faith this is the beginning of many more who we will find. We set up a time then called Scott and his friend Chris and asked them to be there...so we have instant friends to support him. It's great. I'm so excited. I know that Heavenly Father is in this work. We are guided by Him...maybe not by pure inpiration but by others being instruments in His hands and trusting us with people to see.
News about my companion:
Sis. Harwood....it's interesting because when I gave my farewell talk in the singles ward a girl came up to me and told me that there was a friend of hers to look for at the mtc with the same mission call and leaving the same day. So when I get to the mtc...who's my roommate but Sister Harwood. We talked about it...(obviously her friend had told her about me) and thought it was funny. We served around each other in the VC and then I get the call that we're going to be companions up in Lehi. (she came up the transfer before) Nothing is by chance. Nothing. She's from Georgia and I'm from North Carolina so people always say "oh so we have two southern sisters" and we always reply "both with no accent" neither one of us has an accent..which I find amusing. haha And so do most other people. We're getting used to each other's teaching style and how to work in unity. Things will be great! :)
I'm looking forward with faith. I want to build up the area and leave it strong.
Love,
Sister Page
No comments:
Post a Comment