This week has been crazazy.
I met Sister DeRyke who served in my ward...she came to some lessons with us...she was way awesome!!! I think we are going to be friends now. :)
I met Sister Jacobson's future inlaws. I wish I had the North Carolina Charlotte Mission office address so I could write her. (hint hint)
I saw Sister Kohler again!! She came down to visit. She came after nightly planning so we got to catch up a little. It just made me realize that we're pretty much friends for life. I really am making some awesome friends just by coming on this mission and think I would never have met them if I hadn't come...missionaries,members, and investigators alike. I truly believe that Heavenly Father puts people in our life for a reason.
For the last three weekends we've had a baptism. So I think we're going to only have 3 baptisms for this transfer..but it only makes sense because our area was split.
I have been studying more about the Apostasy. It's been interesting because I know there are so many denominations today but I know that Jesus Christ didn't come to earth and set up His church 1000's of different ways. He set up one church. Just like it says in Ephesians there's "one Lord, one faith, one baptism." He wants us to be unified and understand things in the same way. Just like it says in the Restoration video when Joesph Smith says, "isn't there one church that's right for everyone?" There is...and it was restored to the original form it was when Jesus Christ was on the Earth with Apostles and the Priesthood being key components. There is one gospel of Jesus Christ. :)
My story for this week is about a time that I truly felt the promptings of the spirit. We were going into a neighborhood and we had a couple of options of people to see. Sis. G. said "let's visit Bob first?" and I just went with the flow "sure.." Then I got the distinct impression 'go to the neighbors of Rebecca' (Rebecca is someone else we were teaching and we stopped to talk to her neighbor briefly about a week before) and I kind of was like- was that me or a prompting?- Sis. G started to turn the corner to go to Bob's and I said "NO...we need to go see Rebecca's neighbor..." so she went the other way. And we met Emily. (we had met her husband before that) and she was SUPER interested. She has a lot of questions and such but is rather confused because her whole family is Christian, Jewish, Buddist and so on....she's really wondering if there's a church out there that makes sense. I was thinking "wow..I really was inspired to know to come here..." the Spirit is so powerful and I'm happy that Heavenly Father trusted me to know what to do. I want to always follow those promptings.
I love you all! Miss you tons.
Love, Sister Page
No comments:
Post a Comment