Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Arcia or Arica...stick with Sister Page!

I have "You Can Make the Pathway Bright" in my head right now...I don't know why but that hymn always reminds me of my mom. :) A hymn that reminds me of my dad is "Brightly Beams Our Father's Mercy." Which I have to say both are becoming favorites of mine. :)

Anyways...this week went well in the work...not number wise but that's okay. I kind of got discouraged the other day...we contacted 10 people all week and only have 1 new investigator. I hoping that things pick up. On the UP side we did have a baptism on May 30th which was AMAZING! It was Josh's baptism. He's 18 (well it was his birthday on his baptism day!!! How awesomeness is that?) and going into the marines. He was super ready. I've told you about him before. He told us his parents were indifferent to him getting baptized but that they wouldn't come to the baptism. Well...his mom showed up! We were excited of course....but then we learned that she was threatening to kick him out and a bunch of other bologna! Me, Sis. Grunauer and McKenzi (Josh's girlfriend) went into another room and prayed before the baptism. McKenzi said the prayer and we prayed that everything would go smooth on his special day. Let me tell you everything went perfect. While his mom did have some complaints afterward...(her heart was very hard and there was no changing her mind about how she felt...she told us a couple of lies as well...but we won't go into that) the whole baptism went great and the spirit was so strong. They had a special musical number by this awesome group of 5 guys and 1 girl. They sang Be Still My Soul...which I thought wasn't a very baptism-y song...but it was perfect for the situation. Letting Josh know that "the Lord is on his side"..."that with patience bear thy cross of grief or pain." And to "lead to thy God to order and provide"! I have no doubts that Josh was right where he needed to be. Sister Stone (McKenzi's mom and also Josh's amazing fellowshippers) gave a talk on baptism. She said in the beginning "We were discussing all of our favorite family memories and we talked about trips taken and funny moments...but then Jayden (her 10 yr old boy) said 'mom we've had a lot of good vacations but I'll never forget the time the missionaries came over and taught Josh the lessons at our house.' " That whole family was there every time we came over it wasn't just us and the parents or us and McKenzi with Josh...it was the whole family. And because of that experience Jayden was impressed and it became his favorite family memory. It's awesome how many family memories we could have as we share the gospel with others. :) We went to Josh's confirmation the on Sunday and it was amazing. I hope hope hope he goes on a mission. He'd be great missionary. :)

We had zone conference this last friday...and then interviews with Pres. Brown on Saturday....of course it was awesome. Some of the Elders made a special quilt for the Pres. and Sis. Brown with every missionary that has served with them...they spelled my name wrong..I'm now offically Arcia Page! hahahaha I thought it was funny.
Well anyways more next week.

I love you!
Love, Sister Arcia Page. Nope I like Arica better. :)

No comments: