Wednesday, June 10, 2009

SO MUCH TO TELL!

Let me think... SO MUCH TO TELL YOU! I'll just tell you some basic things and then tell an awesome story. Okay we have been trying to find new people to teach because all the ones we are teaching either flake on us OR they get baptized (which the better reason) so we have been needing to find people. We fasted last sunday and let me tell you the amount of people we have found in the last couple of days has been amazing. I can't even believe it. Heavenly Father answers prayers I know it. We started teaching a family of 6! The oldest child is 11 almost 12 and the youngest is 1. The parents are really nice and willing to listen. They moved here from California about 3 years ago and now their friend has decided they should meet with us. It was a great lesson and I believe they will progress. :)

The story I want to tell you right now is about a lady who was baptized but hasn't been to church in 17 years. Her kids got baptized a month or so ago and she has really started to come around. The first time I met her she said "ask the kids to pray...I don't pray." Well even after the baptism we've been going over and teaching. She has started to come to at least sacrament meeting with her kids and is trying to progress. Last night we decided to do some service for her (of course after much begging...I understand it's hard to accept help..) but we went over with a couple of members and cleaned her house. Let me tell you we weren't really there to clean!!! Sis. Grunauer was out side cleaning windows and I was cleaning the oven and of course vacuuming :). She had a lot of questions about my home life and how I grew up and stuff like that. Later on as we were talking I got to share a scripture with her. We were talking about how evil things can only come into our hearts if we open it up to that. And I said," Yeah we keep our heart closed to evil and open to the spirit." Then I read 2 Nephi 32:1. I told her that the Holy Ghost could only bring good things "unto" our heart...just to the wall that is there but we have to open it to let it INTO our hearts. (Wise counsel I got once from Elder David A. Bednar) Later that night we had family prayer with them. We asked her to say it...and she said,"Don't look at me because I might cry." But she said it. And it was a the most spiritual experience! She said,"Thank you for entering into my heart and helping me accept you. Thank you for sending the missionaries over. Bless them that they will be able to bring families closer together as they have brought mine closer..." And other things she said! (she did cry...so I did I) I just saw how her heart was softened and she let the Spirit in...just like we had talked about.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is TRUE. I know it is. It provides the fullness of the gospel and allows us access to the Atonement of Jesus Christ through the Priesthood. I know the Book of Mormon is true and that it is the word of God. It goes hand in hand with the Bible. I know this because I was able to kneel down in prayer after reading and studying and I ASKED Heavenly Father...and the words I got were "you already knew." I did already know but I thought I had to read the whole thing to figure that out. It's good to read the whole Book of Mormon...but it's like a cake...you just need a bite to know that it's good...you don't have to eat the whole thing to know how it tastes. BUT the more you taste it the more you'll want. I'm so grateful for this gospel and the unity it brings to families...who still have their faults and hard times but that the foundation of Jesus Christ in our lives individually and as a family will be able to see us through. Helamen 5:12.

I love you! ~Sister Page

Read 1 Nephi 17. SOOO GOOD! I heart Nephi.

ps. Today we went to the temple with Josh and his girlfriend! It was awesome. He was so prepared. :)

pss. Also...transfers soon. (a couple weeks) I really really don't know what will happen this time. I've been in Hurricane for a while...we'll see.

No comments: