Today's email is more about the visitor center. I am really adapting and loving it this transfer. We have had a lot more people who don't know anything about our belief and it's been really great to see them understand and want to understand better. When someone wants to know more we ask them to fill out what we call a "green card" because it's green. This will allow them to write their address and info so we can send missionaries over and they can receive a free gift of their choice. Most of the time I suggest a Book of Mormon. This week I was able to get a referral card from someone in Poland! (yes Arin..POLAND...by the way that language would be so hard to learn) It's insane the different nationalities you'll meet in St. George Utah! He didn't speak much english but we showed him the Christus in Polish and I'm sure that helped. There was whole group of people there but only he wanted to know more.
Then yesterday a couple came in from Arizona. They are Catholic but wanted to know more about the Temple and why we have one. I took them on a tour and explained the Priesthood and how because of that power we can have temples on the earth today. Also that our families can be together forever through the temple! I'm happy to know what will happen after this life and that I don't have to be afraid. They weren't married and when I asked if they were the woman said "no we haven't been...sealed...yet" haha it was awesome. Then we talked more about Prophets and who our Prophet was today (Thomas S. Monson) and about the 12 Apostles too. Then we watched a couple of their testimonies and they filled out a green card! It was exciting. I love helping people understand how glorious this gospel really is and that it's been on the earth since Adam and Eve!!! And only now through Joseph Smith was that restored.
Also we have white cards where people who are members can refer their friend to receive a free gift. Then we missionaries call their friend and ask if they'd allow missionaries to come over. One kid I've been working with is named Kenny and he lives in Massachusetts...which of course was a bonus. haha He's 18 and his friend who referred him was a member. He was very open and had many questions so I answered them. He was nervous about letting missionaries come over because his whole family is Catholic. So I call him a couple times and talked to him about any concerns and read him some scriptures from the Book of Mormon and Bible, I also asked him to pray about what he feels is right. When I called back last night and asked how he felt he said "I talked to my parents and they're against it...but I still want to do it." and since he's 18 he has the right to meet with missionaries with out their permission...so he said yes. I think he was still nervous about what would happen and everything but I have faith that his parents will understand one day. He feels like he needs something in his life and that he doesn't know how to get rid of guilty feelings. I let him know that Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to do that. I hope the missionaries contact him and that he can understand the gospel better than I could explain over the phone. Good things will come of this.
I'm thankful for the visitor center in allowing others to come unto Christ and that I could be an instrument in that. Even Sis. Grunauer had a couple of German people fill out green cards and let me tell that doesn't happen very often. It's been an amazing week in the VC! I can only do that what the Lord wants me to and everything thing else falls into place. I'm glad I can see that now...and I don't rely on my own strength but His strength! It's amazing what the Atonement can do. I love my Savior!
Love to all,
Sister Page
ps. EVERYONE go to Mormon.org it's awesome!
No comments:
Post a Comment