Hello my wonderful Family! :)
The subject line is from a song called "You Know Better Than I" and while I get obsessed with certain cds I have be mindful because my companions get sick of them pretty easy...especially if it's their cd and it's new to me but old to them. (That's actually the albums name and the singer is Something Clark Funk...when you go to the temple again look at Nephi's Books for it...super awesome..and then make me a copy muahahahaha) But I was listening to it again today and I realized that Heavenly Father really does know better than I do...sometimes I let myself get in the way of what He really wants me to do. I am trying harder to be what He wants me to be and I know Jesus Christ can mold and shape me into the missionary that I see in my head.
Sis. Grunauer and I had some good talks and discussed some things we want to change in our teaching. I love to see that even when someone's been out over a year they can still want to learn and progress. I don't want to get to a point where I think I've learned all I can...because that's simply not true. We have become great friends and something I really learned from her is how to enjoy the journey. We never stop being missionary minded but in the midst of that find small things to entertain us and funny things to make great memories. I hope and pray we're together next transfer. This is my last wednesday before transfers...so next week I'll give you a report of how things are going.
Josh update: we met with him 3 days in a row and will meet with him once more on Saturday. Ummm he's pretty much amazing. It doesn't really happen a lot that we teach someone that often...we just don't have the time but somehow we've found that time and we don't even have to go on splits for it...amazing. I think the Lord just really gives us blessings we don't even realize until we stop to think about it.
Stephanie update: She wanted to wait for California to be her test...well we had a lady with us as our ride and fellowshipper and she shared her conversion story. It was so powerful and I don't think that it was coincidence that she was there to be a little more bold with Stephanie. Everything that Sis. Smith (the lady's name) said was what we said but I don't think Stephanie took it in all the way coming from us but coming from someone else she was like "I'll have to think about that" so she's praying and fasting to get answers about when to be baptized AND Stephanie on her own said she wanted to try and read the Book Of Mormon before she leaves that's like in 3 weeks....she's out of school already so I know she has some time...so I think she will do it. I'm excited for this progress and hope she'll have a desire to be baptized sooner rather than later. I just know the companionship of the Holy Ghost will help her so much more than she can imagine in California.
On another note...the area is great. We've been having trouble getting splits/exchanges and I don't know why. But there are a couple sisters we can always count on. They are amazing. One of them is a bishop's wife named Sis. Hinton and she was telling me about this free website called ldsmissionarymoms.com or something like that...you should google it. But it let's you talk to other mom's who have children in the same mission! CRAZY AWESOME...and you get good suggestions from other's who have gone before...especially since I'm the first in my family (besides my dad) to go on a mission it would give some good pointers. :) Check it out...
So mother's day...it turns out I can't talk to Ash after all..it's just mission rules...so I was thinking maybe her 10 mins can go to mom (since it IS mother's day) and I'll talk to mom for 20 and everyone else for 10 or less..but why would you want to do that? Come on...seriously? haha Mom...have your phone charged and ready to go at 1:00pm EST.... I will be calling. :) You all can decide who talks first and such...I'm pretty excited.
The UPM is as great as ever and I love transfers because I feel like I embrace change...but if it's change I don't like then I'd rather it not change...hahaha. So we'll see if I embrace it. My tape is not even half way finished...it's a longer one that Sis. Kohler gave me to use so it'll take longer to fill up. BTW I never heard if you got my tape or pictures I sent...let me know. (Keep them in a safe spot so I can find them when I come home...hehe)
Love,
Sister Page
ps. Can you send some humidity out here?? My hands are dying of dryness!
No comments:
Post a Comment