Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Can you tell I'm excited?

MOTHER's DAY! Okay some logistics first:
Matthews ward meets at 9am (if I remember correctly) and I will be calling Mom's cell phone on May 10th at approximately 11:00am MDT which means pick up your phone at 1:00pm EST and have it charged. Since my cellphone is sprint and your cell is sprint it won't cost anything! Woohoo. :) I'm planning on talking to each person for 10 minutes if that is okay...so maybe if you want a timer by you...(Andrew can be in charge of that...) and I will also call Ashleigh earlier that morning for 10 minutes with the permission of my mission president. :) So there you have it...put it up on the kitchen whiteboard...if you still have it...or if you haven't moved or redone the whole house so I wouldn't recognize it. This week has been GREAT! We had 21 MEMBER lessons. We as missionaries strive to have a member at every lesson so that they can testify of the things that we have taught them. So usually we have some member lessons but then some others when we contact with out having a member but this week we had a member with us at EVERY LESSON WE WENT TO! I just want to say that if the missionaries call and ask you to go out with them...go...and ask them what they'd like to have you testify of. Also tell them that you are welcome to having people come to your home and being taught...this is a place where the spirit can dwell and you know that there won't be much distraction because you are allowed to control your own home. :) We really appreciate member help...in all different ways! This week we found a boy name Josh he's 17 and well he found us really. We got a call that this boy wanted us to teach him so we decided to stop by that night. It was our last lesson of the night and it was great to end the night that way. He is so prepared to hear the gospel and the message. We told him he should come by the VC the next night to see a display and he said he would. He came with his girlfriend (who introduced the church to him...and we had the lesson at her house the night before) and we talked...he had ALREADY READ what we assigned and prayed about it. Do you know how hard those two things are to get people to do?!? It's like "you can know for yourself..." and they are saying "I'd rather have you tell me.." when they don't read...it's hard. But he did that just that night that we gave it to him...so we had to step up and put this in full gear...we gave him 3 chapters and The Living Christ to read before Sunday...and he told us he know Thomas S. Monson is a Prophet...it's amazing. We are so thankful for him and is readiness. I hope some of our other investigators catch on fire like that. I'm sure that's how things happened for you Dad...you just wanted to know more and more. Josh said "something is missing in my life" and Dad has told me "I was searching for truth.." these types of things can be answered with the Gospel and it's amazing how it changes people's lives. I'm so thankful for the knowledge I've been privileged to have my whole life....I never noticed the simple things that I might have taken for granite. I love the work..things are going well...I hope Sis.Grunauer and I stay comps for a little longer.
Love you all! Love, Sister Page

No comments: